Cannot log into new www site with Chrome but can with Edge

Started by IanL-S, December 05, 2018, 09:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Not convinced I like the new layout, but more important I cannot log into my account when using Chrome or Firefox (no error message appears); after one successful try I managed to log in using Edge.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

MD

Hi, did you try the obvious of clearing your cache as this new site has been tested across all platforms?

Regarding whether you like it or not I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it satisfies my desire to promote IceTV's features in a simple way, not get bogged at the outset in selling PVRs.  All subscribers user functionality within the TV Guide drop down have not changed at all so the changes should not effect them whatsoever.

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on December 05, 2018, 09:37:18 AM
Not convinced I like the new layout

I agree. Acres of waste space at the top of the pages :(
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

Hi,

Apologies, it was an IceTV error to do with caching in WordPress.  We've fixed it now.

IanL-S

Yes, it is now working as expected.

Probably take me a while to get used to the new layout. Old saying about old dogs and new tricks comes to mind.  ;)

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

As with everything as well there will be tweaks down the line.

We were able to make a small addition to the TV Guide page as well that has been asked for, will be interesting to see who sees it first.  8)
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Mac37

I do like the feature that, when you hover over a tv program in the list, the description is readable, and not hidden in the top of the screen stuff.
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

raymondjpg

A small niggle. When trying to set a new recording from "Coming Soon" in Firefox 63 I found that the advanced options were not visible and the advanced options box was blank (empty). Fortunately clicking the advanced options box and the words advanced options became visible, and opened the advanced options.

Even smaller niggle, there is a lot of white in the new layout. Hurts my eyes!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi raymondjpg,

The Advanced settings and Cancel buttons have been fixed on a couple of pages.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 06, 2018, 10:15:10 AM
Hi raymondjpg,

The Advanced settings and Cancel buttons have been fixed on a couple of pages.

OK Thanks Daniel.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: mac37 on December 05, 2018, 02:10:50 PM
I do like the feature that, when you hover over a tv program in the list, the description is readable, and not hidden in the top of the screen stuff.

It still has the problem that when you hover over a TV program that's near the top of the browser screen, the tooltip with the details can still be partially (or even completely) off-screen (MacOS 10.11.6, Firefox 63.0.3). See attachment.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

On the upside, though, the TV Guide, My Week and My Series pages seem to load and display faster than in the old version.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use