Stop Failed Error.

Started by SkippaBeat, June 14, 2018, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkippaBeat

Hi,

I have just noticed lots of failed recordings since 29/5/2018, with the above error.

What could be the cause?

SkippaBeat

I guess no one knows the answer then?

Skippa had been my better PVR until this too!

Rowdy

I had lots of errors so I replaced the hard disk. It has been going strong ever since.
Topfield 5000, 2400, Skippa

ChrisW

Quote from: Rowdy on June 25, 2018, 07:18:57 PM
I had lots of errors so I replaced the hard disk. It has been going strong ever since.
Same here

SkippaBeat

Thanks, guys.

I have the HDD half full, so need to watch all that first, then I can check out the drive.

ChrisW

I started having problems after a few months, with random reboots and lock ups.

I tried so many different things to pin down the cause, and had so many theories - power fluctuations, bad spots on the disk, overheating, internet dropouts, buggy code.

Like you, I always had content to watch and couldn't find an easy way of backing it up to watch or restore later, so I never found time to reformat the disk, to rule that out.

In the end I was lucky enough to get a second Skippa and, after swapping the disks over, finally realized that the problem was there. I ended up biting the bullet and exporting, deleting or watching my backlog, then just used the disk from the second Skippa. I did reformat the dodgy one, so I have a second unit ready to go if the current one dies. If that ever happens and it still plays up then at least I'll know the disk is genuinely faulty.