Skippa not recording

Started by TimC, January 18, 2017, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Hi,

This is one reset method:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the Skippa.
Wait 10 seconds.
Plug the power cable back in.
On the TV screen, when you see the IceTV logo appear (and don't wait too long!), press the following remote control buttons in this order:
Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, Green
The Skippa will now restart and run through the initial setup process again.

Or :

Have you tried a factory reset:

1. Press Menu on the remote control.
2. Scroll down to Settings and press OK.
3. Scroll down to General and press OK.
4. Scroll down to the Factory Defaults button on the screen and press OK.  The PIN is 1234.

IanL-S

I have only had this problem when the HDD reaches capacity.

One possible solution is to reformat the internal HDD (which will result in a loss of all your existing recordings). This has fixed issued on some of my Toppys in the past although never tried it with a SKIPPA.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

magpies1

Hi guys,

Tried the first two solutions and didn't work. Then tried the HD reformat. Worked.

And yes, lost all recordings. I was only at about 40% capacity so full HD was not the issue, unless the app showing free capacity is faulty. I had >100 and <200 recordings, mainly SD movies. But box is no good if I can't record free to air so pleased it it is now working.

PS: Like the idea of the USB fan, will get one.

Thanks,
Rod

IanL-S

Glad you are now back in business

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

I should have put up the result of the result of my last action.  The factory reset and reformat of the drive worked. I suspect the FAT table on the hard drive got corrupted.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)