Blank guide & reservations on TF7100HDPVRt

Started by syneryder, August 07, 2017, 09:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syneryder

Has anyone else had issues with IceTV and the Guide on the TF7100HDPVRt in the last month or so?

If I resend recordings to the device and restart my Toppy, everything is fine - my entire Guide is there and so are my timers / scheduled recordings. But seemingly every day, something happens & the Toppy loses both the TV guide and all my recording reservations.

I've tried scaling back the number of guide channels sent (I don't have any rebooting / crash issues), and I've also rescanned the channels on my Topfield.  Pretty much everything except a full factory reset, because I've got about 400GB of recordings I'd have to backup first.

One possible clue: my IceTV "My Account" page keeps showing the last EPG fetch as coming from a Topfield TRF-2400, but I have a TF7100HDPVRt (running the Nov 18 2013 firmware).  Not sure if that matters, but I wonder if something about the regular EPG fetch is wiping out the guide on my Toppy.

Also my Toppy usually runs in standby mode (passive, with the blue light around the power button), in case that is interfering with the EPG fetch.

Thanks!
[Topfield TF7100HD+, Nov 18 2013 Firmware. Toppy owner since 2005, IceTV user since 2010.]

IanL-S

You should change the IceTV account to 7100HDPVRt (not the 7100Plus), as there are some significant difference in the way the more recent Toppys interact with IceTV.

You should also do a factory reset - it only clears the settings, your recordings will not be touched. Corrupt settings could be stoping the Toppy from correctly processing the EPG data and timer downloads. I would suggest doing an abundant caution setting reset: do a reset to factory settings, power down the Toppy. Disconnect it from the power for 5 minutes; reconnect the power, power up the Toppy, do another reset to factory settings, then power the Toppy down again; power up the Toppy do a final reset to factory settings, and then do a service scan, set up IceTV and customise your settings.

If none of these work, you may gets further help from the oztoppy forum: https://oztoppy.forumchitchat.com/categories.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help