Can record: No, Can Favourite: No. But I have full membership?

Started by spaceman, November 26, 2010, 10:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceman

Hello,

Yesterday I bought full IceTV membership (thanks to the Xmas deal!).

I've downloaded and installed the IceTV for my android phone (HTC desire HD). All looks good - until such time as I come to record a tv program, when I get told "Unfortunately, it appears as though you do not have full membership. Full membership of IceTV gives you the ability to record shows directly from your phone- anywhere, anytime. Please see the 'about' section on this app. They you'll never miss that show again".

Hmmm, a little more testing and it seems that some tv programs will allow me to record them, but mostly not.

Looks like a bug to me.

Russell at IceTV

Looks like a bug to me.

Yep, definitely a bug. :(  Your account has been fixed, and should work correctly now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Russell

spaceman

Sweet. Thanks. It's working now. But only after I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Although there's a chance that it might have worked without reinstalling. Not sure.

tz17

I have the same problem after signing up on 3 month free trial. Brought a Beyonwiz T4

Dave at IceTV

Reset the app from its settings so it can download your account status again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tz17

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 06, 2016, 03:54:21 PM
Reset the app from its settings so it can download your account status again.

Hey Dave, thanks for the response but didn't work  :(

FYI - Just to add to this it all works fine on the desktop version but the app shows the error and does not allow recording.

Dave at IceTV

Check it is logging into the same account as your recorder in the app's 'Settings > Information' menu (or 'Settings > Application Information').

Does the app show:

- IceTV Username: <same as your full account>
- Account Expiry Date: <same as your full account>

Sometimes people make a typo when entering their email address on the phone app which then creates a 2nd account. Or sometimes things can get mixed up and result in 2 accounts with the same email address (1 paid and 1 free) and the phone app may be connecting the wrong account.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tz17

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: tz17 on November 09, 2016, 09:28:41 PM
Both show the same expiry of 5/11/2017

Not sure what you mean by 'Both' but the phone app would only be showing a November 2017 expiry date for a full account if you have paid for 12x $7.99 months IceTV. If you renew each month for 1 month at a time then your full subscription would only be showing a 2016 expiry date.

If you created a new free phone app account 5 days ago then it would have a 5/11/2017 expiry date (which would renew each year automatically if the free account is still in use 12 months from now).

Free phone app accounts only show the TV guide in the app and have no recording ability. i.e. Can record: No

If by "Both" you meant you have 2 accounts then you probably have 1 paid account and 1 restricted free phone app account. In which case you need to deauthorise the phone app then sign in to your paid account.

If you have 2 accounts with the same email address in them you need to close the free account before you deauthorise the phone app and sign in again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tz17

I have no idea what I did TBH. I brought the T4 last friday 4/11/2016 and followed instructions on the wiz to create a trial account. Then logged into the app with the same details and that's where i'm at.

Dave at IceTV

I've just sent you a personal message. You can see it and reply to it from the following link:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/pm/
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

I believe I have found your account,

Can you reset the Android phone app from its Settings menu again, then check that it now says Can record: Yes.

And on the T4, go to "plugin > IceTV > Setup Wizard" and re-enter your IceTV password then press the green button 3 times.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service