Link - Notification of Failed timer

Started by alect, August 01, 2016, 08:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alect

What has happened recently to the links from "notification of failed timer" (ie when there's a conflict).  Used to be the link would take you to the specific show which has the failed timer.  Now it just takes you to the guide for that day and you have to find the failed timer to correct it....

grampus

Quote from: alect on August 01, 2016, 08:44:22 AM
What has happened recently to the links from "notification of failed timer" (ie when there's a conflict).  Used to be the link would take you to the specific show which has the failed timer.  Now it just takes you to the guide for that day and you have to find the failed timer to correct it....
My twopennorth.
I think its probably better to get the overview of the timers around the conflict, so one can make a valued judgement on which timers to act on
BeyonWiz, T3

alect

Quote from: grampus on August 01, 2016, 01:40:46 PM
Quote from: alect on August 01, 2016, 08:44:22 AM
My twopennorth.
I think its probably better to get the overview of the timers around the conflict, so one can make a valued judgement on which timers to act on

So are you saying it was changed as an "enhancement"?

I do see a longer link in the email notification (wth the search for that show) but when it resolves in the browser it just goes to my landing page of today's guide.  Is the link structure wrong and not being resolved properly?

grampus

So are you saying it was changed as an "enhancement"?

[/quote/]
Nope.  Have no idea what the idea behind the change was.
BeyonWiz, T3

grampus

Apologies.

Must have been a while since i have had a close look at a failure linking from the email
I seem to recall I would generally go to web site and my week.

I would think it would be much better to go to the "my Week" page.
Maybe we could ask for an enhancement?
"email notification link should go to "my week" on the website"
BeyonWiz, T3

Dave at IceTV

Clicking on a link to an episode that is in the past will open My Week instead of going directly to that episode.

If your recorder is a T series Beyonwiz and the failed timer is more than 7 days ahead clicking on that link would also open My Week as the episode doesn't exist in My Week yet.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

alect

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 02, 2016, 05:25:49 PM
Clicking on a link to an episode that is in the past will open My Week instead of going directly to that episode.

If your recorder is a T series Beyonwiz and the failed timer is more than 7 days ahead clicking on that link would also open My Week as the episode doesn't exist in My Week yet.

I don't have a Beyonwiz and I am definitely clicking on an episode in the future and not the past.  And I am landing on Today's Guide (https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/ ) not My Week (https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/myupcomingshows ) https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/