How does Skippa Handle Daylight Savings changover?

Started by JPP, July 06, 2015, 04:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

It was difficult to tell if the guide was correct or not. Times displayed appeared to be correct (assuming no daylight saving) but not sure if I am willing to risk recordings being out by an hour. Neither rebooting nor unplugging the SKIPPA fixed the problem. It claimed to be checking the time when it booted but clearly is confused. Could it be it is trying to talk to a time server run by the OEM and it has been deactivated?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Skippa Daylight Saving Solution

Some people reported that their Skippa did not adjust it's clock until 3pm Sunday! The following steps also worked for me right away.

• Go to 'Menu > Settings > IceTV'
  • Select [Reset EPG] and press OK
  • Press OK to confirm that you want to 'Reset TV Guide'.
  • The Skippa will now reboot, get the correct time and download a fresh copy of the TV Guide data.

Any of your timers that have recorded between 3am Sunday until you perform the above steps will have recorded the correct show, but the time show in the My Recordings list may be 1 hour out.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bodogbodog

Dave
Thanks for this "fix"
So when I did a hard reset (power off/on) of the Skippa on Sunday morning it didn't pick up the correct time - so is your fix dependent on forcing a guide reload - doesn't that happen when a hard reset is performed?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: bodogbodog on April 05, 2016, 07:04:26 PM
Dave
Thanks for this "fix"
So when I did a hard reset (power off/on) of the Skippa on Sunday morning it didn't pick up the correct time - so is your fix dependent on forcing a guide reload - doesn't that happen when a hard reset is performed?

Correct.

In my experience rebooting the Skippa (from the Reboot option in the menu or pulling the power plug out for 10 seconds) only integrates changes into the existing guide data. But resetting the EPG from the menu deletes all of the guide data so it then downloads the full guide.

My Skippa had been sitting with the power supply unplugged all weekend. When I plugged the power into my Skippa at midday today I noticed that it paused at "Checking the Time" for what seemed like a long time. When it finally finished turning on the clock was 1 hour out. At this time I didn't know that it would fix itself at 3pm so I started looking for ways to fix the clock. The first thing I tried was resetting the EPG.

It's good to know that If I was away this week that the Skippa would fix itself at 3pm.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service