7 day a week customer support

Started by simoncasey, November 30, 2015, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

I received an email today about renewing my subscription and I noticed that the table showing the benefits of icetv has some errors. It quotes 7 day a week customer service in the table and then beneath the table it states that customer service is available Tuesday to Saturday.

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on November 30, 2015, 12:00:38 PM
I received an email today about renewing my subscription and I noticed that the table showing the benefits of icetv has some errors. It quotes 7 day a week customer service in the table and then beneath the table it states that customer service is available Tuesday to Saturday.

Oh!  I noticed that they weren't open on Sundays any longer, didn't notice the Monday bit :-(  Sounds like change of policy, but someone forgot to change the old flyers
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

I suppose that Dave has to have some time off - I suspect he is the only one doing the support at the moment. Or is John doing some of that as well?

Ian

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

simoncasey

Quote from: IanL-S on November 30, 2015, 03:28:02 PM
I suppose that Dave has to have some time off - I suspect he is the only one doing the support at the moment. Or is John doing some of that as well?

Ian

That's fine, just don't advertise 7 day a week support as being an advantage over others if it is only 5 days.

Pauloz53

The ACCC takes a very stern view of untrue statements by firms engaged in commerce. IceTV would be well advised to fix that mistake.

prl

I've been grumbling for ages about the claim on the IceTV "About IceTV" page that "All the TV recorders that work with IceTV have 30 second forward and back skip buttons so that you can click-click-click through those annoying ads in a flash."

The Beyonwiz FV-L1 is listed as compatible with IceTV. It doesn't have 30-second forward/back skips. In fact, because it's Freeview-certified, it's designed to not have skips that are useful for ad skipping.

The wording of the ad skip claim hasn't changed in any significant way since I first posted about it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 02, 2015, 10:12:32 AM
I've been grumbling for ages about the claim on the IceTV "About IceTV" page that "All the TV recorders that work with IceTV have 30 second forward and back skip buttons so that you can click-click-click through those annoying ads in a flash."

The Beyonwiz FV-L1 is listed as compatible with IceTV. It doesn't have 30-second forward/back skips. In fact, because it's Freeview-certified, it's designed to not have skips that are useful for ad skipping.

The wording of the ad skip claim hasn't changed in any significant way since I first posted about it.

You must have posted about it on one of those days of the week when there was no customer service.

;)

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Does anyone actually use an FV-L1 without DP-P1 firmware?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Paul55

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 02, 2015, 09:18:36 PM
Does anyone actually use an FV-L1 without DP-P1 firmware?

Exactly what I was thinking