skippa & paypal claims

Started by Aussiebec, October 14, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

payandwait

yes a PVR that will soon be useless as i refuse to subscribe as my unit was supposed to have lifetime subscription included in the $400 pricetag.
not to mention the 4 month wait to get it then 2 weeks later they fold then come back again.
plus the unit has new bugs every week.
so stuffed around enough?  yes

Paul55

So, you even though you effectively haven't paid for the device, you believe you should now get the EPG service for free.
It must be good living at the centre of the universe.

blockertig

I agree with you Paul 555. I too have been successful in my paypal claim for a skippa I received. And yes I figure if it continues to work as well as it is my $417 refund will pay for 4 and a bit years of icetv subscription. This is like getting a life time subscription as I suspect that is the average life of a PVR like skippa. Or at least I am hoping it is!

I signed up as soon as Paypal confirmed my refund. The IceTv EPG/app is excellent and with little to compare. What happened with the lifetime component falls under the sh%t happens category. For as long as my skippa hangs on I will enjoy a quality service for a reasonable price which just so happens to have a working adskippa function.

And full marks to Paypal- they are to be congratulated!!

TimC

Quote from: blockertig on November 09, 2015, 01:39:15 PM
This is like getting a life time subscription as I suspect that is the average life of a PVR like skippa.

Hear Hear, Its all a point of perspective really.  It is interesting to note that in another post the same person is now offering their Skippa for sale.

I hope someone gets a good deal. As long as they understand what they are buying.  The Skippa is a great unit, but its value is totally dependant on IceTV surviving.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Kmgh

Just received an email from PayPal. The full amount $417 has been refunded! Go PayPal. I'm still subscribing to to IceTv to use with my Humax but I guess I now have a free unit to use if I want to watch anything shorter than 10 minutes (new power adapter didn't work unfortunately ...worth a try though) :)

Jondalar

Hi,

Received an email from PayPal overnight, they have refunded $400 to me, saying they were:

"You have indicated that a partial refund of $400.00 AUD would be satisfactory.
We were able to recover $400.00 AUD, and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow 5 business days for this adjustment to be posted."

On Paypal it shows as refunded to my credit card, but hasn't come through on the card yet.

Cheers,
Karl

FMB

Quote from: TimC on November 09, 2015, 06:18:52 PM
This is like getting a life time subscription as I suspect that is the average life of a PVR like skippa.

Hear Hear, Its all a point of perspective really.  It is interesting to note that in another post the same person is now offering their Skippa for sale.

I hope someone gets a good deal. As long as they understand what they are buying.  The Skippa is a great unit, but its value is totally dependant on IceTV surviving.

Yep, that was me. Trying to do a favour for someone who wanted a second Skippa and copped all sorts of moral indignation and faux outrage for my troubles. I understand that many people didn't get a Skippa and have no chance of a refund. I am sincerely sympathetic and understand the anger stage of the grieving process, but my offer wasn't directed at them.

Unfortunately, there were no takers, so it's off to the tip this weekend. Would have been a bargain too.

gibster

Quote from: FMB on November 11, 2015, 03:42:43 PM
Quote from: TimC on November 09, 2015, 06:18:52 PM

Yep, that was me. Trying to do a favour for someone who wanted a second Skippa and copped all sorts of moral indignation and faux outrage for my troubles. I understand that many people didn't get a Skippa and have no chance of a refund. I am sincerely sympathetic and understand the anger stage of the grieving process, but my offer wasn't directed at them.

Unfortunately, there were no takers, so it's off to the tip this weekend. Would have been a bargain too.

If your literally throwing it away, I'll give you $75.00 including shipping for it.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

bodogbodog

Quote from: FMB on November 11, 2015, 03:42:43 PM
I'll give you $100 for it - my Skippa is continually freezing - so be glad to get one that works - or could potentially be used for parts - interested?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Rich88

Made a claim to ANZ for a Visa refund. Unit ordered early June but never arrived. Full refund of $423.26 made to account a week or so later with the only proviso being they will reverse the refund if the unit ever arrives - most unlikely. Only required one phone call to ANZ to get a positive outcome.

My IceTV experience not that bad - paid $99 for 5 year (lifetime) subscription in February 13  so got 32 months at $3.09 per month. Now I have the money back, it will pay for a further 52 months on IceTV is the price remains at the current cost.

I would have liked the Skippa but my Humax works okay (although a few faults every now and then that appear and then disappear just as quickly).

And I get a scheduling service on phone, tablet and PC that works very well from anywhere in the world.

csutak40

Quote from: Rich88 on November 21, 2015, 04:09:08 PM
Full refund of $423.26 made to account a week or so later with the only proviso being they will reverse the refund if the unit ever arrives - most unlikely.

That is weird, considering that some people got a full refund,  even though they have received their Skippa,  as is is a brick unless you pay the subscription.  So their argument was that it doesn't work as originally advertised (lifetime subscription)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

TimC

The PayPal email claims to have received the funds from the seller.

I think its just a case of Boilerplate emails created by the various credit providers designed to cover all situations.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

MB4913

Just a reminder for those who ordered a Skippa on Day 1 ( 25 May), today is the last day you can lodge a claim with PayPal.

vanderneut

I just tried submitting the claim through PayPal. All seemed to go well and I even got a confirmation screen.

BUT, I do not see anything listed in my Resolution Centre, and I did not receive any confirmation email either. I tried submitting it several more times, but each time with the same result. I tried in both Safari and Chrome on the Mac. I took screenshots of the last time I did it.

By the time I had tried this a few times, I wanted to call them to sort this out, but it was exactly 7 PM by then and they were no longer answering the phone.

Should I be worried?

Erik

earthenox

Hi Erik,

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I fell into the same problem when helping my 72yo parents sort out their PayPal claim.  As my parents were up north house-sitting my sister's place for a month after the device was delivered, I found out about the whole voluntary administration thing whilst I was up there with them setting it up.  We were incredibly patient and my father spent hours talking to someone over the phone after I had come back home (he's incredibly hard of hearing and is considered legally deaf without his hearing aids in) who was in turn incredibly patient in assisting him with his issues and did their utmost to try to help him get it up and running properly -- which I am incredibly grateful for as a lot of people get incredibly impatient with him.

Just before Christmas we attempted to lodge a PayPal claim but of course as it had been over 180 days since payment took place in May (as opposed to the transaction completion date of October when he received his device) so they aren't coming to the party.  It looks like you may have the same issue.

I drew up a 4 page letter indicating all of the issues we've had with the machine (I put a post in another thread about how theirs freezes) and they lodged it with the Commonwealth Bank this morning as they paid by credit card.  They immediately cut their cards up on the spot and the bank even threw the word 'fraud' around.  Big word I know and one I may not actually agree with personally due to their supplier having issues.  I don't know if anybody else has put in a claim through the CBA, but incidentally their IceTV auto-renewal refuses to work for more than one month (the IceTV subscription always gets declined automatically the second time) so I don't know if they are already aware of others facing the same issue and have put something in place to stop auto-renewals.

Unfortunately your only option now is to contact your bank, and a refund may only be possible if you paid by credit card. I say may as there are no guarantees.

My parents wanted to consolidate their 3 x PVR's and only bought the Skippa due to the number of tuners included.  We did research on IceTV and saw there were a number of models already existing and whilst some had their problems, nothing on the market compared.  Like everybody else my heart sank a little and thought that it was an incredible shame when everything unfolded, even considering that this was our first time dealing with the company.

I hope this helps in some way to help you move forward with knowing what your options are.

Elliott.