skippa & paypal claims

Started by Aussiebec, October 14, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: FMB on October 16, 2015, 10:38:19 AM
I followed Warkus' lead and lodged a claim based on his. The only thing I did differently, based on previous issues with it being a non-tangible product, was to expand the description of the item. I wrote:

"The item provided by IceTV Pty, Ltd - being one (1) x Skippa branded 3 HD Tuner 1Tb Personal Video Recorder (serial no. ICEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) -  no longer functions one week after delivery."

I'd have thought that would be the kind approach to take - "Skippa PVR (tangible item, S/N, etc) bought from IceTV depends on IceTV EPG and recording services for its proper operation. These services are no longer available because IceTV Pty Ltd is in Voluntary Administration (or whatever state it's in when you claim), and so the Skippa cannot perform basic operations such as: ... fill in as appropriate, I don't know ..."

I don't have one, so I'm not claiming, but I think that's the sort of claim I'd submit if I was in that position.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Pursya

I haven't had the refusal email from PayPal, possibly because of the good. Work done by those who have.
I did check my claim today and see that they have emailed the supplier for the second time, yesterday.
The claim must be finalised by the 18th according to the PayPal website.

GaryT

The first bit of good news in all of this. I've just received an email from paypal saying I will receive a full refund of $417.00 within 3 to 5 days. I'm one of those that never received my Skippa.

gibster

Quote from: GaryT on October 17, 2015, 01:37:59 PM
The first bit of good news in all of this. I've just received an email from paypal saying I will receive a full refund of $417.00 within 3 to 5 days. I'm one of those that never received my Skippa.

Waiting for my bank to hopefully tell me the same thing. They've given me a provisional credit pending final outcome. Might have to use that for a T4 when its final :)

gib
BeyonWiz V2

IanL-S

This is going well for many of you.  :)

I got a SKIPPA and since I was one of the early orders I would have been outside the period covered by PayPal.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

FMB

Quote from: IanL-S on October 17, 2015, 04:49:34 PM
This is going well for many of you.  :)

I got a SKIPPA and since I was one of the early orders I would have been outside the period covered by PayPal.

Ian

The claim period is 180 days. I lodged my claim successfully and I ordered on day one.

bridjee

Got an email this morning from Paypal, asking to submit the a copy of a police report.  Speaking with them on the phone, they have asked that I submit to the NSW police a fraud claim and send a copy of the document to them.  Anyone else got the same?

---- Update-----
After escalating on the phone Paypal have stated they are going to refund the money.

JPP

Received an email re my my PayPal Claim this morning. Interesting wording here - "we were able to recover....". I'd like to know if this is just their standard wording or they were able to indeed recover the money from ICETV......

"We were able to recover $417.00 AUD, and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow 5 business days for this adjustment to be posted."

Now to decide what to do next. There are still some 1600 Skippas in their warehouse, looking for an owner. That's around $ 200,000 at $125 per Skippa (my guess at the actual production cost of a Skippa).

That's a lot of moolah, even for a company the size of UEC. Will there be a rebirth of these machine with perhaps a new logo stuck over the Skippa label?

Add FTA EPG harvesting and you have a "standard" PVR with ICETV as an option just like the Humax, Wizes, Toppys, Strongs, etc. Then clear up the current bugs and presto, we have a working reincarnation of our Skippa.

Still think that the T4 Beyonwiz has a way to go before it's ready for general consumption, so.... I'll just wait a while me thinks.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

TimC

Quote from: JPP on October 19, 2015, 07:43:25 AM
That's a lot of moolah, even for a company the size of UEC. Will there be a rebirth of these machine with perhaps a new logo stuck over the Skippa label?

Add FTA EPG harvesting and you have a "standard" PVR with ICETV as an option just like the Humax, Wizes, Toppys, Strongs, etc. Then clear up the current bugs and presto, we have a working reincarnation of our Skippa.

Hmmm. I wonder how hard it would be to stick the Skippa Software on it?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

JPP

It already has the Skippa software on it, but before I would buy a "Skippa", it would have to have FTA EPG added on to it.

My hope is that the "Skippa" will survive, probably handled AND supported through UEC now. So, it would then become another of their product line of PVRs and it's the model up from their current Altec 9600.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

emmsee

I lodged a claim with PayPal for non receipt of my Skippa the day after IceTV went into VA.
Like others,  I received an email from PayPal this morning saying they were refunding $417 to my account. 😀
YAHOO!
I don't often get a win but sure did this time.
Bought a Beyonwiz T2 for $349 with 1tb HDD and a usb tuner (making 3 tuners).
Happy camper!
emmsee😂

michaelwho

Wow yes I have also been refunded by paypal. I have bought a beyonwiz T2 3 tuner and I am very happy with it. The killer feature for me is the ability to stream live tv (can be any channel not only what is playing on main unit) and recorded shows to my laptop, ipad or smart phone. I'm putting ice tv on it. My TiVo is also still going strong.

FMB

Has anyone who actually received a Skippa and lodged a claim with Paypal heard anything?

Pursya

Haven't checked my email, but logged into PayPal and found the $417 sitting in my account.
Thanks to this forum for pointing out that PayPal was an option to recover funds.

Aussiebec

Quote from: FMB on October 19, 2015, 10:51:42 AM
Has anyone who actually received a Skippa and lodged a claim with Paypal heard anything?

I am still waiting for a resolution, they have sent an email to the supplier with a response of 22 Oct as we know it will be dead air.  Hopefully it will be worth the wait... reading some of the other posts!!