IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lespato

Fantastic news Dave. Now off to put back my IceTv in my PVR's.

lcp

Happy_aussie

Quote from: lespato on October 16, 2015, 02:25:47 PM
Fantastic news Dave. Now off to put back my IceTv in my PVR's.

lcp

Damn yes me too ...

Well at least it will be better than taking it off ..... ;D

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Fester on October 16, 2015, 01:17:05 PM
Dave, thinking this was the end, I have deleted my account. Is it possible to resurrect it or do I have to now open up a new account?

Hi Fester,

I have recovered your deleted account. I had to generate a new password which I have emailed to the gmail address in your account. You can log in on the website and change the password to what you want.

You will need to sign in again with your iPhone, Humax and TX series Beyonwiz.

When you closed your account the system also deleted all of your series recordings. But I was able to recover a list of shows you had been recording and sent them to you in an email.

cheers
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

spinifex

Another HUGE sigh of relief. Happy we still have our icetv programming, and happy to see you guys are still employed.  :)

Trial_Master

Great news. As much as I am looking forward to receiving my new Beyonwiz T4 I wouldn't have ordered on Wednesday if this was foreseen. Might have to make do with autotimers for now to appease the wife.

jas55

thanks IanL-S and Dave appreciate your help

spinifex

Just noticed Dave at Icetv's post count. Hope it isn't an omen, lol.  :P

Nodeity

DAVE.... Yer Back...  Sweeeet!   8)

Fester

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 16, 2015, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: Fester on October 16, 2015, 01:17:05 PM
Dave, thinking this was the end, I have deleted my account. Is it possible to resurrect it or do I have to now open up a new account?

Hi Fester,

I have recovered your deleted account. I had to generate a new password which I have emailed to the gmail address in your account. You can log in on the website and change the password to what you want.

You will need to sign in again with your iPhone, Humax and TX series Beyonwiz.

When you closed your the system also deleted all of your series recordings. But I was able to recover a list of shows you had been recording and sent them to you in an email.

cheers

Cheers, thanks Dave

johndevereux

This is great news Dave. Not sure if this is known fault or if it's just my account, Skippa doesn't turn up under device when trying to record in the IceTV app.

Cashie

Quote from: spinifex on October 16, 2015, 03:28:44 PM
Just noticed Dave at Icetv's post count. Hope it isn't an omen, lol.  :P

Post another post, quickly Dave!!  ;D

Rich88

Another happy customer.  8) Thanks Dave and the rest of your team - I can see the schedule being restored even as I look at the App. As a frequent overseas traveller, the Android App on Phone and Tablet made planning a joy anywhere in the world super easy The Coming Soon tab meant I did not even have to see a promo before deciding to record a show or series. It even remembered my favourites from one series to the next. I may have only one device (Humax) at the moment and may have lost a few years of membership but happy to pay the monthly subscription to keep ICE operating.     

GXK

Good news all round. Thanks for the info Dave. It is appreciated. Hopefully my skippa will work as advertised again soon. Like some others, I also ordered a t4 on the assumption that my skippa would stop working soon.. Think I will keep it anyway just in case.. But that is minor.. I am just happy that icetv will continue at a price that I am happy to pay. The icetv epg and functionality is more important to me than my skippa.

Thanks.

spinifex

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 16, 2015, 12:59:42 PM
Quote from: grahford on October 16, 2015, 12:27:27 PM
Great news.

Given there is basic Skippa support planned, is there any hope that those of us who have not received ours may still get them at some point. Or is that still a lost cause?

Anyone who has not received their Skippa should make a claim through PayPal or their credit card provider or bank to recover the funds that they paid.

Now that Skippas are again working as a PVR the manufacturer, UEC, would not have to change anything if they wanted to sell off the remaining truckload of Skippas cheaply.
Just rang our card provider, but was told since the purchase was made over 120 days ago it is now too late for them to assist. They said to take it up with the company that sold us the item. So i guess now it is NO Skippa and NO possibility of a refund.  >:(

digmans

I'm losing nearly 4 years' subscription (which I paid for more than 120 days ago) -- but I couldn't be happier.  My Beyonwiz T3 with IceTV offers the perfect set-and-forget FTA recording experience.  I know it's very much a first world problem, but I wasn't looking forward to setting up timers directly on the Beyonwiz.  The $7.99/mth will be well worth it.  Will we still be getting the "IcePicks" emails?