IceTv in Voluntary Administarion

Started by emmsee, October 07, 2015, 05:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrus

One option I hope the staff consider is putting forward an employee buyout offer.   

I don't pretend to know the real numbers involved, although it seems that the potential is still definitely there, if not only for the ongoing EPG service. 

FMB

Pursya

A quick point for clarification, if anyone can help.
According to the liquidators we have until the 16th of October to sign up as an unsecured creditor.
Paypal state that you cannot run a dispute case with them and, in their example, a credit card company concurrently.
That's fair, you shouldn't try to double dip.
So how long will it take Paypal to decide if they will refund us?
Because I believe signing up to the liquidator would be attempting to double dip. Even though any chance of a return from the liquidator will be very small.
The clock is ticking as far as one option is concerned.

gibster

Well, I just talked to my bank (Wells Fargo) in the states and filed a claim for undelivered goods. The lady told me I'd have a resolution in 10 business days so guess I'll see what happens.

Good luck everyone.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

SkippaBeat

Well, I have funded 2 Australian companies upfront; Dillenger bikes through Kickstarter and Icetv/Skippa.

Not pleasant experiences!

Won't be doing it again!!!

P.S.  Hope EPG is saved and no more big ideas above their station.

spinifex

Just got back from the shop to this email....

Dear Jon,

I refer to our correspondence yesterday which advised of the voluntary administration of Ice TV Pty Limited.

We have received a large quantity of enquiries with respect to the appointment and accordingly will correspond with customers regularly to update you of the progress of the matter.

Our activities have primarily focussed on approaching parties which may be interested in purchasing the Company's business and/or assets. This work is expected to continue for the immediate future, during which time the business will trade as normal with respect to provision of its subscription service.

We wish to take this opportunity to answer the most frequently asked questions below:

Will the Company's subscription service continue

The service will continue as normal for the immediate future, however that is subject to the prospects of finding a buyer urgently.

Will you receive your SKIPPA/set top unit?

All orders for Skippa boxes have currently been put on hold given the uncertain future of the company. Accordingly, these customers are being treated as unsecured creditors by the Administrators.

We are not in a position to comment on the supplier arrangements in place, however as noted above the supply of all goods (Skippa Boxes) is currently on hold pending the outcome of finding a buyer for the business.

Will you receive a refund?

Unfortunately you will not receive a refund from the Administrators, but you will be able to claim as a creditor in the voluntary administration and will be treated in accordance with the priorities legislated in the Corporations Act.

It is currently too early in the process to make any comment on likely distributions to creditors. The sale program will however have an impact on what the creditors will receive.

What is the future of the Company?

We advise that we are currently attempting to identify a buyer/investor for the business to enable the business to continue operating.

What caused the Company to enter Administration?

Given that the appointment is in its infancy, we have not had an opportunity to investigate the basis for the company's financial position or any specific aspect of it. We will be reporting more fully to creditors on this aspect once we have done our statutory review. The report will be released in approximately 5 weeks.

Should you have any questions in relation to this matter please contact Mark Everingham of TPH Insolvency on (02) 4305 2405.

Yours Faithfully

Timothy Paul Heesh
Amanda Caroline Lott
Administrators

FMB

Allow me to assure everyone who is an 'unsecured creditor'. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING!

I have been through this too many times to count. The administrators get first dibs on anything. That's followed by staff entitlements, then secured creditors (banks etc.) followed by those with the presence to extract payment (ATO, larger suppliers etc.).

Unsecured creditors are way down the list and rarely, if ever, receive anything. If you haven't received your Skippa, begin action immediately to recover your funds through your credit card company or Paypal. If those options aren't available, your best bet is to just curl up in the foetal position and vow to never make the same mistake again.

P.S. Anyone in the market for a near new Skippa? Only two weeks old, hardly used (three recordings). Going cheap.

celicasx

This may be of interest to a few (many...).  Taken from the Beyonwiz Forum;
"Offer: Purchase a Beyonwiz T2 - Triple Tuner PVR (2 fixed + 1 x USB Tuner) use the coupon code 100off and get $100 off the price + Free Shipping
Conditions: Only applies to T2 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 250GB SSD, 500GB SSD models, not available with T2 Barebones unit. Offer ends at midnight on Sunday 11th Oct. Limited 2 units per customer. Not available with any other offer.
We have stock ready and available for immediate shipping from our Sydney warehouse.
How to claim:
* Pick from the available models here: https://beyonwiz.com.au/product-category/t2/ (remember not available with T2 Barebone)
* Once you have added the item to your cart go into your Shopping Cart" befor you check out and enter the coupon code and hit apply
* You should then see the $100 has been deducted and a Free shipping option has appeared, you can now checkout.

Feel free to share this offer with your family and friends and it is ok to mention it in the relevant forums if you wish."

Pursya

Quote from: celicasx on October 08, 2015, 08:44:27 PM
This may be of interest to a few (many...).  Taken from the Beyonwiz Forum;
"Offer: Purchase a Beyonwiz T2 - Triple Tuner PVR (2 fixed + 1 x USB Tuner) use the coupon code 100off and get $100 off the price + Free Shipping
Conditions: Only applies to T2 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 250GB SSD, 500GB SSD models, not available with T2 Barebones unit. Offer ends at midnight on Sunday 11th Oct. Limited 2 units per customer. Not available with any other offer.
We have stock ready and available for immediate shipping from our Sydney warehouse.
How to claim:
* Pick from the available models here: https://beyonwiz.com.au/product-category/t2/ (remember not available with T2 Barebone)
* Once you have added the item to your cart go into your Shopping Cart" befor you check out and enter the coupon code and hit apply
* You should then see the $100 has been deducted and a Free shipping option has appeared, you can now checkout.

Feel free to share this offer with your family and friends and it is ok to mention it in the relevant forums if you wish."

So which is the best model?
In terms of reliability.

ozgreg

All,

For those who paid through Paypal  and lodged a claim you MUST escalate the claim with Paypal as most likely the administrators will not be monitoring the paypal emails and may just consider paypal as a creditor.. 

if you go down the unsecured creditor path then the most likely outcome is a low return like in a few cents per dollar in your investment or maybe nothing at all..

To the staff we feel your pain :(

prl

Quote from: Pursya on October 08, 2015, 08:55:37 PM
So which is the best model?
In terms of reliability.
The $100 off deal is only for T2s.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

EdQld

Dave, if the plug is pulled, is there any chance of a f/w upgrade that will give the Skippa access to FTA EPG?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: EdQld on October 08, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
Dave, if the plug is pulled, is there any chance of a f/w upgrade that will give the Skippa access to FTA EPG?

That is the plan. We all own Skippas ourselves and don't want them to become doorstoppers either.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

gibster

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 08, 2015, 11:22:12 PM
Quote from: EdQld on October 08, 2015, 10:55:21 PM

That is the plan. We all own Skippas ourselves and don't want them to become doorstoppers either.

Good luck to you Dave. Hope things work out OK, for you the rest of the crew there, and for IceTV.

gib
BeyonWiz V2