IceTv in Voluntary Administarion

Started by emmsee, October 07, 2015, 05:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celicasx

Ahh, so it is.  Easy for you Mark, it's still before midnight for a sand groper!   ;)

Interesting reading - only $15K in their company bank account!

Vortical

Quote from: celicasx on October 08, 2015, 01:24:31 AM
Where did you read that!

emmsee

Vortical,
Read the letter from TPH Insolvency.
Not only the $15k in the bank account but TPH get $45k now and then an hourly rate starting with the Administrators at about $580 per hour.
That $45K could have manufactured another 300 Skippa's!

Vortical

I Never received the email with the letter.

The images on the forum are a bit hard to read.

csutak40

Quote from: themolk on October 07, 2015, 11:26:56 PM
Dave - this is just horrible news for all you guys.I understand people are (rightly) upset they haven't got their Skippa however I hope you guys don't take too much heat for that when I know it won't have been your decision. I hope you all get all your entitlements and are able to either keep your jobs or find new ones easily. I really feel for you and the rest of the team at IceTV.

Ditto!  I spent the day in bed, unwell, just got up and found this!  Shocking news, although I must say I am not entirely surprised.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: gibster on October 08, 2015, 12:50:51 AM
If this goes on and someone doesn't take over the company and deliver the paid for Skippas,
Well, I'm afraid that is not likely to happen.  Even if they have stock (who knows) having received this news, all the people who have not yet received their Skippas, will be cancelling, so if they were in "slight" financial trouble before, they will now become truly bankrupt.  It is like a run on a bank, once the ball starts rolling.....
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: Vortical on October 08, 2015, 03:07:44 AM
I Never received the email with the letter.

The images on the forum are a bit hard to read.

Neither did I...  I presumed it only went to people who are still awaiting their Skippas.  I am lucky - I have cancelled a few weeks ago, but of course, I still have my subscription. 

Incidentally, just checked (not easy to fine, they have changed the website) I used to be subscribed till 2020 - I seem to have now lost a year, it now says 2019  ???  Also can't find the bit that tells you how many devices you can use it for
Cheers,
Judy

Fester

Quote from: csutak40 on October 08, 2015, 04:01:42 AM
I still have my subscription. 

I wonder for how much longer! I was seriously thinking of the Skippa, glad I never went through with it now.

gibster

Quote from: celicasx on October 08, 2015, 01:24:31 AM
Ahh, so it is.  Easy for you Mark, it's still before midnight for a sand groper!   ;)

And that will already have been sucked up by the fees just to file that paperwork.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

IanL-S

What happens next depends on the outcome of the first meeting of creditors. If the business cannot be sold, then the company could be liquidated, and the various assets sold; the intellectual property (i) IceTV EPG and IceTV Interactive and (ii) SKIPPA ad-skipping technology.

I suspect a liquidation could be very messy in terms of working out who owns what, and what it is worth.

I purchased the SKIPPA knowing there was a risk of this happening, as I did when I purchased a 4 year subscription. So I am not complaining. At least I actually got one to play with.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

emmsee

Those articles in the Age and Sydney Morning Herald (identical articles by the same reporter.) put a different slant on 1/ the reasons for IceTV going into VA and 2/ the chances of the Administrator shipping the additional 1000 Skippy's to pre order customers.
UEC,  the manufacturer of Skippa,  had withheld delivery of the Skippy's to IceTV waiting for payment in full of all manufacturing orders.
The 1000 units were not ever in IceTV 's warehouse and probably now never will be.
If you were holding hope of your Skippa being delivered that is now looking less than slim.
UEC has them - but what can they do with them?
I feel there's a good chance that IceTV guide will continue,  but Skippa is dead!

IanL-S

I doubt that it was ever intended that IceTV would have physical possession of the SKIPPA. I suspect the UEC were to hold on to them and send them out on IceTV's behalf.

Not sure how many SKIPPA they have in the warehouse. I know what I would do if I was UEC and wanted to minimise the losses, but will not say more.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

warkus

Agreed Ian,

I think its *reasonably* common knowledge that IceTV don't hold any stock themselves, i doubt everyone knows this but i think enough people do to know this is true. They take the order and the item is then dispatched directly from the importer, in this case UEC.

My Skippa was definitely sent to me from Altech, not IceTV. I know they do the same thing with Topfield and other brands too so they obviously leverage a deal with the importer for them to hold onto the stock.

Regardless of where the stock is however, it does not look likely that UEC will ever release the items when they have obviously not been paid for them. Why would they...and with $15k in the bank, its not likely they can ever be paid.

The whole thing is a mess, very sad situation, even worse if the guide goes too.