Anyone received a Skippa yet?

Started by kavey8, August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: pkealley on September 05, 2015, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 05, 2015, 08:35:19 PM
It would seem that those who ordered first either aren't on the forum or only lurk and don't post. Or maybe their local post office hasn't delivered it to them yet (though if they were regular posters here I'd expect them to have posted that they received their tracking number).

Probably a lot of us lurkers about.  Ordered mine on the first day of pre-orders with invoice received by email at 12:03pm, invoice number 200800. 

Not sure how many got in before me but I haven't received a tracking number yet...

Pk.

12:02:46 was the cutoff point as there were quite a few who ordered before 12:02:46. As you ordered at 12:03:56 yours will be sent the very first day they start shipping when the rest of the SKIPPAs arrive next week.

I'm mighty impressed with all the people that managed to place their orders so quickly.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

Must have been hectic. My order confirmation email is timed at 12.15pm, invoice 200849. So 49 sales (of one sort of another) between 12.03 and 12.15; about on every 15 seconds.

Ian

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Likkie

Quote from: IanL-S on September 06, 2015, 01:09:47 PM
Must have been hectic. My order confirmation email is timed at 12.15pm, invoice 200849. So 49 sales (of one sort of another) between 12.03 and 12.15; about on every 15 seconds.

Ian

That makes sense.  Mine is 200817 at 12:08pm

CuriousGeorge

Just checked my status and it is still pending in my account, although it is early on the 10th.

I'm still holding out hope of getting it mid September rather than late.....

For reference my invoice is 201070 @ 19:33.

IanL-S

Quote from: CuriousGeorge on September 10, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
Just checked my status and it is still pending in my account, although it is early on the 10th.

I'm still holding out hope of getting it mid September rather than late.....

For reference my invoice is 201070 @ 19:33.

Same here, my invoice is lower (200849).

At least they have not sent out an email saying there has been a further delay in delivery.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

EdQld

At least they have not sent out an email saying there has been a further delay in delivery.

Ian
[/quote]

LOL - No that will only arrive late Friday  :(

IanL-S

Quote from: EdQld on September 10, 2015, 01:05:35 PM

Ian

[/quote]

That is just cruel ....  :-[

Ian
Synology NAS

bridjee

Quote from: IanL-S on September 10, 2015, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: EdQld on September 10, 2015, 01:05:35 PM

Ian

That is just cruel ....  :-[

Ian
[/quote]

Should we place bets?   ;)  Tomorrow is two weeks from Heinz' email and still no confirmed sightings of Skippa in the wild across multiple forums.

pkealley

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 05, 2015, 10:48:38 PM

12:02:46 was the cutoff point as there were quite a few who ordered before 12:02:46. As you ordered at 12:03:56 yours will be sent the very first day they start shipping when the rest of the SKIPPAs arrive next week.

Hi Dave,

Any idea when shipping is likely to start?

Regards
Paul Kealley.

IanL-S

Just got response from Dave at IceTV about when shipping would start:

Hi Ian,
Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service.
I was told that the bulk of the Skippa production run were going to arrive by plane on the 10th, but they won't be in Sydney until Sat or Sun (they have customs clearance pre-approved). Then the Sydney warehouse will start posting them to customers on Mon or Tue. Your order is near the top of the list so you will get a tracking number on Sunday or Monday.
There is an official email going out to today.
Best Regards,
Dave
IceTV Support Team

So another (somewhat shorter delay) in delivery.

Ian
Synology NAS

bodogbodog

Thank goodness my Wiz is still working - so maybe next week...
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

EdQld

Quote from: IanL-S on September 11, 2015, 01:37:34 PM
Just got response from Dave at IceTV about when shipping would start:

... were going to arrive by plane on the 10th..
Dave
IceTV Support Team[/font][/color]

So another (somewhat shorter delay) in delivery.

Ian

Question - "were going to arrive" But did they? Are they finally in Australia at least?

IanL-S

No not yet here; expected to arrive by air on Saturday or Sunday. But it appears that they have been manufactured .....

Ian
Synology NAS

EdQld

Thanks Ian, fingers crossed for Mon-Tues then   8)

face44

So I just received an email saying.
"Mass production of SKIPPA® remains on schedule. We have started to fulfill the earliest pre-orders. About half of the pre-ordered SKIPPA® volume arrives in Sydney by air freight over the weekend, with the remainder not far behind. We have increased staff in our Sydney warehouse to speed up customer shipments from Monday on a "first-ordered, first-shipped" basis."
My invoice number is 201060 so I'm not sure where that will put me but hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones that will receive my SKIPPA soon