Skippa Reviews by Journo's

Started by Draadnor, July 18, 2015, 03:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draadnor

I apologize if there is a thread for this already but I was wondering if you have released any Skippa's to be reviewed by external agencies (such as Gizmodo, Cnet, Engadget etc)?

Dave at IceTV

Not yet, but I believe that reviewers will get to test a SKIPPA very soon.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Draadnor

Thanks Dave, for obvious reasons I would hope to read one before midnight on the 26th  ;D

kavey8

I'd also be very interested to read independent reviews of the device - is this likely to happen any time soon?

HORNETSTER

Don't want to be a pessimist, but beginning to think that nothing is going to happen anytime soon....

Draadnor

Well that was why I asked. If they were serious about creating a bit of buzz about the Skippa then they would have sent a unit to the reviewers well before the pre-order date finished. Even if it was a bit buggy they could have pointed out that it was a "beta" unit running early firmware.

The fact that they haven't done this reflects poorly on them or perhaps shows a lack of faith in the product.

I've been looking for a product to replace my ailing Topfield Masterpiece but I certainly won't be putting money down until I see some independent reviews as I've been bitten by pre-orders in the past.

IanL-S

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

I hope they work out that the Beyonwiz T series has three power states when they compare standby power consumption this time.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing