presto on skippa

Started by allan 8442, July 05, 2015, 05:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan 8442

will we be able to run presto with skippa

bodogbodog

Along a similar vein how about Ten Play which my Samsung SmartTV currently doesn't support
From what I understand given that Skippa is HbbTV enabled it will allow us to access the various commercial TV streaming channels - but hopefully someone can confirm that for us
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Dave at IceTV

On Skippa, all of the catchup TV services work very well. A couple of them can be a little slow to load initially (depending on your Internet speed). For TENplay you just change to one of Network Ten's TV channels and press the red button. For iView, you change to an ABC channel and press the red button. Likewise for 9jumpin, SBS On Demand and PLUS7.

I believe we are looking at adding on-demand entertainment services like netflix or quickflix etc but that would come later via a firmware update after Skippa's initial release.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bodogbodog

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 05, 2015, 07:36:14 PM
I believe we are looking at adding on-demand entertainment services like netflix or quickflix etc but that would come later via a firmware update after Skippa's initial release.
Oh no  :(
Netflix is fast becoming a "mandatory" in our house these days - although we can just use the app on the Samsung SmartTV to access that til one becomes available on Skippa
Bring it on!
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

EdQld

Quote from: allan 8442 on July 05, 2015, 05:01:24 PM
will we be able to run presto with skippa

I'd like to see STAN added as well, as I currently subscribe to them and I am happy with their content  :)

Mantorok

Vortical

Quote from: Mantorok on July 06, 2015, 12:36:30 PM
+1 for STAN
Given icetv's court battles with nine in the past I don't expect to see Stan on the skippa?