New Wired Network - ICE Issues

Started by Ragdoll, June 18, 2015, 07:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragdoll

I changed to a wired network for my TV & Topfield.  Problem is that now my Toppy isn't revognising the ICE schedule, and it isn't recognising my ICE device.  ICE 'Customer Service' is not what it used to be either.  Used to be able to phone & get support over the phone.... Now it's leave a message & we'll get back to you.   I've done the factory reset & scanned the channels & named the network etc.  it's just the ICE bit that seems to have fallen over.  If ICE is no longer working, how do I set recordings? Does anyone know if we get a refund on our unused ICE subscriptions? Mine isn't due to expire until March 2020!

IanL-S

We need a bit more information before we can help.

First, please confirm that on the Toppy you can log into your IceTV account and select your PVR from the list that comes up.

What model Toppy are you using? TRF-2400, TRF-2460 or TF7100HDPVRt Plus?

Have you done a firmware update for the Toppy recently?

The download of EPG Data and Timers is instigated by the Toppy, so the problem is likely to be with the Toppy. Some Toppys refuse to talk to IceTV - I have a 2400 that has never been able to do so.

Ian

PS You may get other ideas if you also post your problem on the Topfield Australia Forum; there is section of the Forum devoted to IceTV - http://topfield.forumchitchat.com/?forum=375587

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Leon K

Hey Ragdol,

When you changed your settings from wireless to wired and entered the static IP address - are you sure the IP address you've entered is in the correct subnet range? And that the gateway is the IP address of your router.

Did you then change Activate to "ON"?

Thanks for you feedback - our support calls average around 20 mins, so if you leave a message we can return your call after we get off the line.

Dave at IceTV

Update: The Ethernet cable to Ragdoll's TV was working so we swapped the cables between the TV and the Topfield and then the Topfield started working... and the TV stopped working.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Ragdoll

Late update: Everything (including the ethernet to the TV) is working fine now.  Thanks for the help.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 19, 2015, 04:54:51 PM
Update: The Ethernet cable to Ragdoll's TV was working so we swapped the cables between the TV and the Topfield and then the Topfield started working... and the TV stopped working.
Lol - so the faulty Ethernet cable was all Ice's fault then  :o
Hats off to your support team - methodical troubleshooting is so much fun
I guess Ragdoll didn't pursue the request for a refund of their sub then  ::)
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare