Problems with website etc?

Started by TT33, May 19, 2015, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

I agree with Vortical - resending timers will not solve the problem if the timers are not in the listing. I have checked my archive of MyWeek and it is clear that on all devices scheduled recording has disappeared completely and some changed from red to grey icons. The solution is to rebuild t MyWeek by a new rescanning the data base.

Ian

I am getting rather peeved with this - time for IceTV to go back to the old platform?
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Vortical

At some stage last night, mine appears to be back to normal.

Hopefully it stays that way.

Dave at IceTV

All recordings should have been back to normal by Wednesday night, or last night for a few Topfield PVRs.

Everyone's recorders are still using the original, reliable, system that they've been using for years. The problems on Tuesday and last week were caused externally. We have now been able to reproduce the issue on our test server and made and tested a change to prevent it happening again.

Tuesday afternoon, after the issue was resolved and the affected schedules were resent, we noticed some Topfields and some Beyonwiz T3 PVRs were left in a state where they were not able to automatically set some of the re-sent schedules until further action was taken by IceTV, late Wednesday afternoon.

If anyone is still having an issue please email Technical support and include your IceTV Member ID (username) in the email.

Dave
IceTV Support
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Vortical

Dave,

So why were shows missing in peoples My Week section on the website and iphone/ipad app?
This would have nothing to do with the pvr's.

In any case thanks for the explanation and I'm sure we all hope this never happens again.

TT33

Still having issues it seems.  Two programs tonight are not scheduled.  I have contact support.

Fester

Quote from: TT33 on May 30, 2015, 11:43:02 AM
Still having issues it seems.  Two programs tonight are not scheduled.  I have contact support.

Same here!! I have a few.
No good deleting them either, they will come back!

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Vortical on May 29, 2015, 02:13:25 AM
So why were shows missing in peoples My Week section on the website and iphone/ipad app?
This would have nothing to do with the pvr's.
My Week reflects what is in their IceTV account on the IceTV server. If their recorder is in sync with the server then the recorder should list the same schedules that have a solid red icon in My Week. Early last week and this week some recorders became partially out of sync with My Week.

As long as the timers are correctly showing on the recorder they can ignore any discrepancies in My Week- which will pass in a few days.

Quote from: Vortical on May 29, 2015, 02:13:25 AM
In any case thanks for the explanation and I'm sure we all hope this never happens again.
Definitely
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Fester on May 30, 2015, 12:41:37 PM
Same here!! I have a few.
No good deleting them either, they will come back!
Fester's issues appear to be phantom schedules in My Week that comes from timers on the recorder overlapping into the preceding or following timeslot in the guide.

Those phantom single recording schedules in My Week should not be extra timers on the T3. The real schedules following those single phantom schedules would be set to start early so they overlap into the preceding timeslot making the show before the real schedules appear as if it is also scheduled.

Because they are not real schedules in My Week you cannot delete them in My Week, or if you can they would just reappear the next time the T3 syncs.

If you cancel the real series schedules that are following those phantom single schedules on the same channel, then both the real schedules and phantom single schedules will vanish. Then when you recreate the real schedule the phantom schedules will still be gone.

Just cancel the following episode, then do a fetch from the IceTV plugin on the T3, next set those cancelled episodes to record again and do another fetch on the T3.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Paul55

Another problem. It seems that the curse of Tuesday may be on again next week - three Tuesdays in a row!??
My wife's series recording of Bold and Beautiful is not showing for next Tuesday on the Toppy 2400 - it displays a hollow series donut on the website. This despite both Monday and Wednesday showing properly.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Paul55 on May 30, 2015, 09:06:36 PM
Another problem. It seems that the curse of Tuesday may be on again next week - three Tuesdays in a row!??
My wife's series recording of Bold and Beautiful is not showing for next Tuesday on the Toppy 2400 - it displays a hollow series donut on the website. This despite both Monday and Wednesday showing properly.
The schedule for Tuesday's episode was downloaded by your Topfield, yesterday at 4:52pm, but it either has not set it or has not replied back to say it has reserved it. Thursday's episode is the same. It was downloaded by your Topfield today at 4:37pm.

Wednesday's episode was the last one it downloaded and replied back correctly for, at 4:37pm yesterday (15 minutes before it downloaded Tuesday's).

It wouldn't normally fetch Tuesday's only 4 days ahead (and 15 minutes after fetching Wednesday's) unless someone or something had changed the series or resent Tuesday's schedule. If you did edit the series or resend Tuesday's schedule then what you are seeing with the Topfield ignoring schedules that it thinks it already has is normal.

I have set a single recording for those 2 episodes which normally gets around a Topfield ignoring schedules, but your Topfield has not updated in the last 50 minutes (which would be normal if you've turned it off).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

HelloGoodThanks

I have 6 single phantom recordings in my weekly schedule with no overlapping timers either proceeding or following. I have deleted them once already (from my phone if I remember correctly)but they have returned..

Also a series recording for the Simpsons first-runs would not schedule, so I rescheduled and Ice created timers for all episodes immedaiately in the app but they have all disappeared again. Same with "Mr Selfridge".

I just thought that i would add; these relate to my Beyonwiz T3. My Humax timer list appears to be ok, but I do have fewer scheduled shows on that device.

OK another edit... I have just checked the timer list on my T3 (should have done that before posting) and my timers appear as I expect them to, not as indicated by the website/app. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they stay there and fire off.

Paul55

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on May 30, 2015, 10:09:19 PM
I have set a single recording for those 2 episodes which normally gets around a Topfield ignoring schedules, but your Topfield has not updated in the last 50 minutes (which would be normal if you've turned it off).

Thanks Dave. I turned the Toppy on this morning and it downloaded those timers you sent - all good now.
Not sure what happened - I did some 'repairs' after last week's 'problem' but I can't think how that would have affected Tuesday's timer and not Wednesday's. I DARE NOT miss a B&B ::) ::)

Fester

Quote from: HelloGoodThanks on May 31, 2015, 02:36:26 AM

OK another edit... I have just checked the timer list on my T3 (should have done that before posting) and my timers appear as I expect them to, not as indicated by the website/app. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they stay there and fire off.

Mine were OK, but I just noticed that the times are now not correct on the T3, might be worth checking yours.
I have now deleted all scheduled recordings and gone to autotimer until this mess is sorted.

HelloGoodThanks

Everything appears to now be correct on my T3 timer list, phone app and web page list.