Has the XML schema changed in the last few months? - solved

Started by muscats, July 01, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muscats

I have been using IceTV for my guide in Mediaportal for a couple of years, recently (couple of months) mediaportal has not been able to read the IceTV XML file. The download works fine but I have started receiving an the following error -
the given key was not present

Has something changed?

Dave at IceTV

Hi Paul,

I'm not aware of anything having changed relating to the xmltv feed, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been a change in the last few months.

I'm also not sure how MediaPortal works exactly. Maybe it saves your login credentials as a key on your computer and that key is missing or inaccessible.

When the error, log, says "the given key was not present" does it also mention anywhere about where it is looking for this key? The expected location of the key may give a clue as to what key it is referring to.

Sorry I know that's not much help.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

muscats

Hi Dave,

thanks for the reply.

I worked out the issue - it was a corrupt channel map in the xml importer in MediaPortal

Just for info the error I was receiving was

[2014-07-01 20:32:12,943] [Log    ] [XmlTvImporter] [ERROR] - XML tv import error loading C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\tvguide.xml err:The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean deleteBeforeImport, Boolean showProgress)

sorry for the trouble

Paul