Clock/Time issues

Started by Flubster, October 16, 2013, 07:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flubster

Hey all.  My TRF-2460 has started doing something strange over the last few days.   When watching TV the clock will change back 10 hours for no good reason (ie the clock will change from 1806 to 0806).  So far it only seems to happen when I'm watching channel 7 (Southern Cross 7) here in Darwin.  I can correct the error by changing to another channel but i'm pretty sure it is messing with my reservations because a few recordings have been missed since the problem started.

Further investigation has shown that it is the GMT time of the unit that is being changed.  In an effort to fix the problem I have loaded the latest firmware but that doesn't seem to have any effect.  I was previously using an old firmware from 2010 I think and I have had no problems with that until now.  It also seems I can no longer set my time mode to Auto, I'm guessing that is a function of the new firmware.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

IanL-S

The most likely culprit is Southern Cross sending incorrect time in its signal.

The only way to overcome that would be to use manual time setting which can have its own issues.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Flubster

That's the answer I was afraid of.  Lets hope it doesn't last long.

Thanks

Paul55

Quote from: Flubster on October 16, 2013, 07:42:19 PM
the clock will change back 10 hours for no good reason (ie the clock will change from 1806 to 0806).  ...... here in Darwin.

10 hours IS NOT the difference between Darwin and GMT. 10 hours is the difference between GMT and the East coast of Australia - if DST is ignored.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on October 16, 2013, 08:36:34 PM
The most likely culprit is Southern Cross sending incorrect time in its signal.

The only way to overcome that would be to use manual time setting which can have its own issues.
There is another way. Call Southern Cross and tell they have a problem (and hope the receptionist passes the message to an engineer who understands the problem).

Another customer in Darwin is having the same problem with her Humax, but the Humax does not have a manual time option.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service