Recommended Firmware Update Steps

Started by Dave at IceTV, July 12, 2012, 07:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

To ensure a trouble-free firmware upgrade with no interruption to your recording schedule we recommend the following steps.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21690712

Note: Your recordings will be safe as these steps will not touch your existing recordings.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

HI Dave,
I'm still getting phantom recordings popping up that I have not set up. However I have not performed a factory reset which I will do over the weekend

Dave at IceTV

Yes, definitely do a factory reset followed by resending all recordings (and don't forget to re-enable padding).

Do you have any keyword recordings setup?

Are these phantom recordings the program before one that you wanted that didn't record?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

Yep factory reset has fixed all issues

troykm

I got the email the other day to upgrade my humax, I went to do this last night only to find it had updated itself, is this normal? I just did the factory reset this morning.

IanL-S

I do not have one of these; however if it is anything like Topfield there will be an option that enables/disables automatic updates.

Being cautious I would not enable automatic updates. There is a possibility of broken firmware being installed, and it means you cannot do a factory reset before doing the installation which is recommended for PVRs such as Humax and Topfield.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

The Humax PVRs with software version UHTFAA 1.08.05 have 3 update options in the installation menu (and the Software Update app in the TV Portal).

The 3 menu options are:
1. Automatic Update: You manually click on this and it scans all Terrestrial TV network frequencies looking for a software update.
2. Manual Update: You manually click on this and set the Terrestrial TV network channel or frequency to scan for a software update.
3. Regular Update: You set this to scan all Terrestrial TV network frequencies looking for a software update at 4am each day.

These 3 menu options work in Europe and for Cable or Satellite PVRs but Australian Terrestrial TV networks don't broadcast PVR software updates except maybe for Freeview devices.

The TV Portal Software Update app downloads the update from the Internet (just like manually downloading the update from the website to do a USB update).

The Humax PVRs with software version AUTFAA 1.08.06 seems to have a 4th update menu option (going by the release notes).
4. IP-OTA: This is an Internet Over The Air update which I believe allows automatic updating from the same server that the TV Portal app accesses.

If Troy's Humax PVRs uses AUTFAA software it may have automatically updated to 1.08.06 if it's older software also included IP-OTA in the installation menu.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Jackblue

It appears that you are discussing the firmware update options available for Humax PVRs (Personal Video Recorders) with different software versions. The information you provided suggests that PVRs with software version UHTFAA 1.08.05 have three update options in the installation menu, while PVRs with AUTFAA 1.08.06 have an additional update option.

Automatic Update: This option allows you to manually initiate a scan of all Terrestrial TV network frequencies to search for a software update.

Manual Update: With this option, you can manually select the Terrestrial TV network channel or frequency to scan for a software update.

Regular Update: This option is set to automatically scan all Terrestrial TV network frequencies for a software update at 4 am each day.

Additionally, for PVRs with AUTFAA 1.08.06 software, there seems to be a fourth update menu option called IP-OTA (Internet Over The Air). This option likely enables automatic updates from the same server that the TV Portal app accesses.

It's important to note that the availability and functionality of these update options may vary depending on the region and the specific features and capabilities of the PVR model you have. The update process and available options can also be influenced by the policies and practices of the broadcasters and service providers in your area.

If you're specifically referring to Troy's Humax PVR and its software version, it's possible that if the PVR has AUTFAA software and its older software version included IP-OTA in the installation menu, it may have automatically updated to version 1.08.06.

For specific instructions and the most accurate information regarding firmware updates for your Humax PVR model, I recommend referring to the official documentation, user manual, or contacting the Humax support team.

Jackblue

Although I don't possess one of these devices, if it functions similarly to a Topfield,as Y2k fontsit's likely to have a setting that allows users to enable or disable automatic updates.

Jackblue

But I think I got an email to upgrade the Humax and my whatsapp blue .

MD

Hi Guys,

Are you sure you are on the right forum as Humax have closed their PVR business in Australia?