Program Guide for ABC Sydney.

Started by woodywoodhouse, September 01, 2006, 10:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodywoodhouse

Recently EYE TV has been able to receive a program guide for ABC Sydney and it's great-makes the whole EYE TV experience even more enjoyable. I cannot wait until all channels are available.The widget is great and all, but integration is so elegant. I was hoping that the Eye TV 2.3.1 update released recently might include Ice TV support but we'll have to wait a little longer. Should we be lobbying Elgato?
Woody.

Marc

No need to lobby Elgato... it's on the way! I don't have an exact date or release version number, but it's looking like sooner rather than later.

I can't wait to see the EPG in full screen mode. Finally we'll have a really nice sofa-distance interface for Australian TV on the Mac.

adrian

Quote from: woodywoodhouse on September 01, 2006, 10:25:52 AM
Recently EYE TV has been able to receive a program guide for ABC Sydney and it's great-makes the whole EYE TV experience even more enjoyable. I cannot wait until all channels are available.The widget is great and all, but integration is so elegant. I was hoping that the Eye TV 2.3.1 update released recently might include Ice TV support but we'll have to wait a little longer. Should we be lobbying Elgato?
Woody.

Seems to have disappeared from ABC for now? (at least it has for me...anyone else still getting it?)

Any ideas how we encourage the ABC to put it back?

Adrian

Marc

Not sure about ABC. It's not an issue if you're subscribed though ;)

EyeTV integration seems like it's going well. No more news to report, but "very soon" still fits well.

adrian

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on September 14, 2006, 01:28:08 PM

Well I still prefer it in EyeTV (rather than a widget :)... at the moment it comes and goes and never has more than a couple of days so it is not as good as ICE.. but... it works, unlike the widget for me :(

I'm subscribed and still having issues with the Dashboard widget... see my posts in the Dashboard Widget Forum (which have gone unanswered, as has my email to support)...

Regards,

Adrian

Likkie

The ABC began sending EPG data back in August as a trial.  This article was on dba.org.au http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?display=news&newsID=866

It was supposed to be only the SD channels in Sydney, but I also get info about the HD channel.

Cheers,

Likkie.

Jellicle

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on September 14, 2006, 01:28:08 PM

EyeTV integration seems like it's going well. No more news to report, but "very soon" still fits well.

Any news? I saw here (or on Whirlpool) that early October was the ETA.

Marc

The next news you'll be seeing will probably be the release!

Running the beta here, everything's great. Won't be far off!

Jellicle

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on October 08, 2006, 07:52:41 PM
Running the beta here, everything's great. Won't be far off!

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick... :)

woodywoodhouse

Bang....nice. Can't wait to get into it....can't believe I'm excited about TV!
It all looks good so far...searching is great. Thanks to all responsible.
Woody.