Download IceTV for Windows 8

Started by lukem, November 04, 2012, 06:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukem

Hi Guys,

We're pleased to have a release of IceTV Interactive for Windows 8 ready for download.

Please let us know if you require more features, or have any issues.

Download link: IceTV Interactive (Win8) 3.0.0.36.exe

Cheers.
Luke

tvmandan

Thanks for your work Luke. Its working great so far!
Cheers,
Dan

peterdeg

The 'Open account setup page' link throws an error on my machine. Windows 8 Release Preview.

Error   Unhandled thread exception System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Class not registered
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at IceTV.Interactive.MainForm.AccountSetupLink_LinkClicked(Object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

tvmandan

Error doesn't happen on official release version of Win 8.
May be time to upgrade.
Cheers,
Dan

Michael

Awesome,

Many thanks to you and the team.

Now I know what I will be doing tonight !!!!!

peterdeg

Quote from: tvmandan on November 05, 2012, 03:00:47 PM
Error doesn't happen on official release version of Win 8.
May be time to upgrade.
Cheers,
Dan

Yeah, yeah. Getting there...  ;)

rsemedo

Everything working perfectly, many thanks guys...

zoszos68

Noticed on the test tab I can turn on the ota epg which allows channels without the Ice guide to have data :).
I will have to check in a week or so to see if it still populates the data as I still have data from before I installed the Ice interactive software.

So so far so good.

Kevin

lukem

The testing Tab isn't meant to be in the production version, really just an internal test tool, and will be removed in an update.

I can't guarantee the integrity of the EPG if both inband and IceTV data are present - Media Center tries to merge the listings which is sometimes great as the Now/Next times are then used for recordings, but bad if it cannot match shows together. We used to call this 'poison guide' :)

We've tried overriding MC's schedule merging code but could never get it working. I would like to revisit this at some stage by manually taking the Now/Next data and applying it to the IceTV EPG on the box.

Thanks for the feedback.

zoszos68

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on November 06, 2012, 01:53:21 PM
The testing Tab isn't meant to be in the production version, really just an internal test tool, and will be removed in an update.

I can't guarantee the integrity of the EPG if both inband and IceTV data are present - Media Center tries to merge the listings which is sometimes great as the Now/Next times are then used for recordings, but bad if it cannot match shows together. We used to call this 'poison guide' :)

We've tried overriding MC's schedule merging code but could never get it working. I would like to revisit this at some stage by manually taking the Now/Next data and applying it to the IceTV EPG on the box.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for that info will check tonight to see how the guide goes and see if I should turn of the inband data.

Oh and it's a nice holiday here :) Was it for a race or something :)

Kevin

lukem

Quote from: zoszos68 on November 06, 2012, 06:08:41 PM
Thanks for that info will check tonight to see how the guide goes and see if I should turn of the inband data.

Kevin

Not sure but my bank account is down $200 from yesterday   :o

zoszos68

Quote from: zoszos68 on November 06, 2012, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: Luke at IceTV on November 06, 2012, 01:53:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Kevin

I noticed after you posted this that the inband data stays off as the apply button is greyed out.
I realised when rebooting and saw it was off again, then I noticed the greyed out apply button.
As you said it's a test tab which will not be there in a full version. It's a pitty there isn't an easy way to extract the time data from the stream.

Kevin

lukem

Hi Guys,

I will be releasing another build (non-beta) next week for inclusion on our official downloads page. Please let me know if there are any issues with the current beta.

zoszos68

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on November 27, 2012, 09:48:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I will be releasing another build (non-beta) next week for inclusion on our official downloads page. Please let me know if there are any issues with the current beta.

The only thing that I have noticed is when a show goes from new to repeat it still shows as going to record and will record.
Noticed on 3 shows with late changes: both NCIS/LA and The Big Bang Theory
Not sure if its a Windows 8, IceTV app or something else.

Would check with ota guide but where is their repeat flags?

Kevin

toppytools

Quote from: zoszos68 on December 01, 2012, 05:01:48 AM
Would check with ota guide but where is their repeat flags?
Only 1 of the TV network has repeat flags in their FTA guide, and this may only be in city areas, or maybe only in Sydney. It's either "7, 7two and 7mate" or "9, Go and Gem".

SBS don't even have repeat flags in their online guide.