Some questions on using the IceTV EPG on Humax 7500

Started by GregM, January 24, 2012, 12:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregM

I purchased the Humax 7500 a few days ago and am very happy with it, so far. I have had success with things like remote programming with the iPhone app. and getting my computer to ftp files, but there are some basic operations that have me scratching my head. Can anyone offer a few pointers on some basic aspects of operation?

1/ Is there an IceTV operators' manual that is specific to the Humax 7500?
2/ Is it possible to stop the recording of a previously scheduled programme, after it has started recording?
3/ I am able to delete series from the schedule by way of the iPhone app or from the online TV guide, but can't seem to do it from the standard on-screen interface. ??
4/ I want to record at standard def and have set the resolution to 576i. Does this ensure SD recording, or is there another setting for this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg

prl

• Setting up IceTV on the Humax HDR-7500T
  • Don't know.
  • That's how it is on other PVRs I know about, too
  • Recordings will be made at whatever the broadcast resolution is. PVRs normally aren't able to recode video as they record, unlike most DVDRs. The video output will be at what you've selected, no matter what the recorded resolution is.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

To stop a scheduled recording after it has started recording you just press stop while viewing any channel. A box will pop up asking which recording do you want to stop (with the 1st, or only, recording highlighted). From this popup dialogue you can also increase or decrease the duration in 15 minutes increments, or specify after the current or following program.

To delete a series recording from the Humax itself you need to be in the Schedule list. Note: This deletes the series and that show, but not the following shows (though I have seen it ask if I wanted to cancel the following shows as well).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

GregM

Thanks for your responses, Peter and Dave.

1/ I was aware of the online one-page setup guide and the other generic help pages, but I had hoped there may have been a more complete model specific IceTV operator's manual.

2/ Dave's "To stop a scheduled recording after it has started recording you just press stop while viewing any channel," did the trick. It seems obvious, doesn' it? But for me it wasn't  :(

3/ My experience at trying to delete a series from the Schedule list is that it just deletes one instance and you then need to go to each instance to delete it. There has to be a better way to do it directly on the Humax.

4/ Peter, of course you are right that PVRs would not be able to downconvert HD material to SD, on the fly. My DVD recorders can do it, but they just convert everything to MPEG-2.

Once again guys, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Greg

prl

Quote from: GregM on January 24, 2012, 09:45:24 PM
4/ Peter, of course you are right that PVRs would not be able to downconvert HD material to SD, on the fly. My DVD recorders can do it, but they just convert everything to MPEG-2.
Both HD and SD TV broadcasts are already in MPEG2 (except for TV4ME which has been broadcast in MPEG4 in some locations recently).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing