Ability to see failed timers?

Started by timaa, September 16, 2011, 12:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timaa

I have missed shows on more than one occasion due to conflicting timers on my Beyonwiz, and these are not shown by the yellow triangles on the app like they are on the website, so there is no way to tell that they have not been sent to the BW. The Mac dashboard widget has the same issue.

Will there be an update to correct this?

franzstoffel

I have the same problem with my Topfield 2460 and the Iphone App.

Due to the fact that failed timers do not show up, the Iphone App it is useless for me.
I use the Web-interface on my Iphone instead and this works OK

Please update the App or at the very least remove the Triangle from the Help Screen in the App that suggests that this feature is indeed supported....

Dave

I've had the same problem. I'm away at the moment and everything was looking OK on the iPhone app, but when I checked the web app, a good 70% of my scheduled recordings had failed to actually schedule.
I still have one conflict but the iPhone app says everything is fine. It makes the app almost useless.
Can someone please fix it?
Dave.
:(
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

lukem

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. The feature is supported and should work on all phone applications. I will do some testing today and see what the issue is.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,
Luke

Mozi

Hi, this feature has never worked on my iPhone App either. Hence the app doesn't get much use ...

Thanks for looking into it Luke.

Dave

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 31, 2011, 08:38:25 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. The feature is supported and should work on all phone applications. I will do some testing today and see what the issue is.

Regards,
Luke

Luke,
Any word on your testing?
Have you found the same issue or is everything working for you?
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

lukem

Hi Dave,

The issue seems to be with the iPhone app itself, as it works on Android correctly, and both phones use the same web service for their data. Our dev team exchanged emails over the holidays and we expect a new version to be available sometime through Jan.

We can't give an exact date, as it depends heavily on Apple approving our submission. The last submission took 6-weeks to approve!

That said, our iPhone dev returns on the 9th Jan and fixing this will be his sole priority. Considering it will be a minor change, I don't expect their to be such a delay this time.

Kind Regards,
Luke

Dave

Thanx Luke.
It's nice to find the issue and that it's something that can be fixed.
I'll just have to wait for the changes and Apple approving the release.
In the meantime, I'll just have to keep using the web inteface, as I can't trust the iPhone 100%
Dave.

lukem

Hi Guys,

A new version is now available on the App Store which addresses this issue. :)

Regards,
Luke

Dave

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 12, 2012, 11:45:20 AM
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Luke
:o

That was a bit quick, considering that he only returned from holidays this week and you thought it would take 6 weeks to get it through Apple into the App Store.

Well done guys   :)

Thanx.

Dave.

Mozi

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 12, 2012, 11:45:20 AM
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Luke

I've downloaded the new app version and tested it.
Works like it is supposed to now. Thank you very much for addressing it so quickly.

But I think I have discovered another bug, related to scheduling conflicts, not related to the iPhone app but possibly due to IceTV Interactive. So I will test a little more and then post in the Win7 MC "recordings not getting scheduled" thread. Nope, that was an optical illusion!

Cheers

Dave

Quote from: Mozi on January 12, 2012, 12:33:40 PM

I've downloaded the new app version and tested it.
Works like it is supposed to now. Thank you very much for addressing it so quickly.

Works for me too.  ;D

Well done.

Dave.

grampus

BeyonWiz, T3

timaa

It's nice that it does work now, although the app doesn't allow you to reschedule the recording, only to cancel the already failed timer. So if a show fails to be sent, you have to go the site to reschedule it, or cancel the episode and re-add it, not very convenient.