Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0)

Started by RodSmith, December 29, 2011, 07:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RodSmith

Any word on when the app will be working for Android 4.0?

I was able to use it on my Galaxy S2, but updated to Galaxy Nexus over the holidays and now the app doesn't work.

lukem

Hi Rod,

We will release a new version of our Android app around mid-January which will enhance compatibility with many more of the latest Android devices.

Kind Regards,
Luke

martymonster

I am using it on my HTC Sensation which is running ICS, so far there have not been any problems.

RodSmith

Well - I can reassure you, it doesn't work on the Galaxy Nexus.

The app starts, but after clicking the "Existing Member" button, I get a pop up window saying "Unfortunately, IceTV has stopped." and then it exits back to the app list.

toppytools

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on December 30, 2011, 09:46:35 AM
We will release a new version of our Android app around mid-January which will enhance compatibility with many more of the latest Android devices.
Is it mid January yet?  :)

mr_gimlet

Quote from: RodSmith on January 14, 2012, 07:47:18 PM
Well - I can reassure you, it doesn't work on the Galaxy Nexus.
Doesn't work on the Transformer Prime eother. My recollection is it didn't work on the Transformer either (my wife's) bit was fine on the HTC Desire

lukem

Transformer Prime .. nice.

Yes, it's almost mid-Jan. Development is pretty much finished, so this week we'll be testing it internally. Depending on how the testing goes, it could be released this week.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Luke

MrQuade

Tested the new version on the Galaxy Nexus and all is now working as it should again :).

I installed on my Transformer Prime as well and aside from a screen formatting issue with the username and password (everything was pushed off the the right and wrapped over a line), and that the app flips to portrait temporarily as it is booting (if booted in landscape more), everything else seems to work.

markb

Updated app today and seems to work, can view guide, set timers, etc on my HP Touchpad running Android 4.0.3/ICS. Previous version would not start.