Shadow

The Retina icon is better.

Like the default to Guide option.

I am sure to find more as I spend more time with it.... ;D

Pull down or Release to update... ;)

Thanks

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

You're welcome ;)

I know we had a rather rocky start with this app but we will continue to iterate away on it to knock off the rough edges.

We are also planning on developing an iPad version.

If you have any thoughts on what you would like to see in future versions of the App, both iPhone & iPad, please feel free to share...
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Vortical

Quote from: Daniel Drysdale at IceTV on March 02, 2011, 03:58:40 PM
We are also planning on developing an iPad version.
Looking forward to that  8)

melmac

Thanks for the update it looks sharper and I think its more responsive when moving between screens etc  :)

markb

It's a pity a refresh takes so long though ...

Lisey

Record a movie from the app is irritating. If I do it using all the defaults on screen, it uses a series recording and adds that movie in My Shows (making the My Shows list quite hard to manage).  Can Ice TV please put more logic in so that when attempting to record with a prefix of "Movie:" the record screen should default to 'episode only' recording? 

Is there a chance that the app could retain all of the previous days shows? Things happen like network failures, power failures etc and it's hard to find out what shows you have missed (and what their ep name was) to try and watch them.

The Bold and Beautiful shows every episode as a repeat.

Also Possible refresh issue with 'my week' - I deleted an entry but still appears in my week, as well as adding a show which appears in 'my week' but not marked as red on the 'tv guide'.
Also when doing this, for some reason the multidonuts dont go red, they go grey.  The show has not passed.  I need to delete the episode, then delete the series, then reset the recording and then it went red. 

App crashes a lot still for no reason (in the guide pages), and also when setting recordings.

Thanks for putting My Shows as a main icon.

Shadow

Quote from: markb on March 03, 2011, 08:08:42 PM
It's a pity a refresh takes so long though ...
Mine takes less than 5 seconds to do a refresh.

Shadow

Quote from: Lisey on March 04, 2011, 11:21:30 AMApp crashes a lot still for no reason (in the guide pages), and also when setting recordings.
It has never crashed with me and I use it a lot.

Lisey

Half your luck!
Every time I use it, it crashes.
I look at guide, might do a search, find something I want to record, press schedule recording and BAM crash.
Or I look at My Week, flick back to the Guide, find something go to read synopsis and BAM crash.

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Lisey,

You make some good points regarding better logic in default recording options and keeping old guide, both of those items are on the open issues list I just don't have a firm timeframe for them yet.

As far as the crashing you are seeing, what you are reporting seems far in excess of what we see in our own testing and user feedback. Perhaps we can work together to find out why you seem to be seeing such poor performance.

Can give me your IceTV Member ID? Private message if you prefer...
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

mmnpkf

Quote from: Lisey on March 04, 2011, 11:21:30 AM
Record a movie from the app is irritating. If I do it using all the defaults on screen, it uses a series recording and adds that movie in My Shows (making the My Shows list quite hard to manage).  Can Ice TV please put more logic in so that when attempting to record with a prefix of "Movie:" the record screen should default to 'episode only' recording? 

Also Possible refresh issue with 'my week' - I deleted an entry but still appears in my week, as well as adding a show which appears in 'my week' but not marked as red on the 'tv guide'.
Also when doing this, for some reason the multidonuts dont go red, they go grey.  The show has not passed.  I need to delete the episode, then delete the series, then reset the recording and then it went red. 

I'll second the request for shows that are not part of a series to default to "episode only" when setting the recording.

I'm also having a similar problem with "my week". For exameple, this morning I set a series recording which seemed to work fine.  There were two upcoming episodes in my week - perfect.  Decided to detele the second episode - was asked to confirm the deletion.  However, it was still showing in "my week".

That was this morning.  Just checked this afternoon - my week was the same.  Did the "pull down" (which I love!) and it showed the last update was this morning - thus the no change in my week.  "Pulled and released" to update.  Still no change.  "Pulled down" to check last update time - says it was just updated.  Still no change in "my week" then a few seconds later it reflected the changes.  I therefore suspect that the screen is actually refeshed *after* the "last updated" time is reset - suggest it should be the other way around.  Also, just a cosmetic thing but after "pull and release" the screen goes black and says "Loading..." - would look much nicer if the grey "pull to update" area remained with a "loading/updating" message and disppeared when complete such as the Facebook app does.

Have also noticed that after looking at a show synopsis it doesn't always take you back to the same place in the guide but have yet to work out the pattern for this as most of the time it is fine - will post again if I find the pattern.

Thanks for the updated app.

Regards,

Patrick

Lisey

Dan, have PM'd you.

Thanks Patrick, glad its not me :)

Shadow

Quote from: Lisey on March 04, 2011, 01:43:10 PM
Half your luck!
Every time I use it, it crashes.
I look at guide, might do a search, find something I want to record, press schedule recording and BAM crash.
Or I look at My Week, flick back to the Guide, find something go to read synopsis and BAM crash.

Are you using an Iphone4 or 3G?

Shadow

Quote from: mmnpkf on March 04, 2011, 03:45:42 PM
I'll second the request for shows that are not part of a series to default to "episode only" when setting the recording.
I would also like that......

Lisey