DP-P2 unresponsive "-HDD not initialized-"

Started by ebden, January 04, 2010, 08:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebden

It was a great idea for a Christmas present, but its now 10 days later and still no response from Ice TV about my non-functioning DP-P2. All I can get is a support person saying you will have to contact the office when they re-open. No reply to my emails so far, so I rang this evening and got an assurance that they will contact me tomorrow... They seem very keen to sell the product but not so responsive when it goes wrong! The website says that they are available, but calls result in an answering message only.
I'm now back at work so its much harder to sort it out.
Why can't IceTV provide full customer service at the time when presents are likely to be opened?
ebden

prl

HDD Not Initialised can often be fixed by formatting the internal HDD.

Use SETUP>System>HDD>HDD Format

If that doesn't fix the problem, try calling Beyonwiz Support 1300 889 803. The problem may be a dead HDD or that the connection from motherboard to HDD isn't working properly.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

ebden

OK Peter, but with no display on screen, and no response to the remote, how do I set up etc?

prl

Quote from: ebden on January 05, 2010, 06:57:34 PM
OK Peter, but with no display on screen, and no response to the remote, how do I set up etc?
The way it says in the manual.

Chapter 4 Quick Setup - section 1-1. Quick Setup of Video Output Format.

Use the TV-OUT button on the remote. Note what it says about using TV-OUT in the notes for the section.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

ebden

End of Day 11
With the DP-P2 plugged in, HDMI cable in, correct input setting on TV; the display flashes <12.00AM> and the TV shows "no signal".
When the central blue button is pressed, the display on PVR shows:
< WELCOME
< LOADING
< 01.05.304
< START
< SD PAL
each quite briefly, and no response to pressing TV OUT on the remote, [batteries OK]
then < HDD not initialized > which scrolls continuously and does not respond to remote. TV display is still no signal.

I am advised by IceTV that this sounds like a problem for Beyonwiz to fix...
All I want is to use the flipping thing! any suggestions?

prl

There was a second part to my original suggestion.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

jillmess

Quote from: ebden on January 05, 2010, 09:46:58 PM
< SD PAL
This bit means you are not on the correct TV output if you are connecting via HDMI

Quoteand no response to pressing TV OUT on the remote
You need to press the TVout button, wait a few seconds, then if still no output to TV, press it again (for as many times as it takes to get a picture).  It cycles through a series of connection options - the one you want will probably be HDMI PAL.

tonymy01

And then choose to accept that setting, if you don't the Wiz reverts to your original setting.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: jillmess on January 06, 2010, 09:12:40 AM
Quoteand no response to pressing TV OUT on the remote
You need to press the TVout button, wait a few seconds, then if still no output to TV, press it again (for as many times as it takes to get a picture).  It cycles through a series of connection options ...

As it says in the manual section I referred ebden to.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use