EyeTV - "IceTV program"

Started by cailyoung, February 15, 2007, 09:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cailyoung

Many of my forthcoming series recordings scheduled with PIMP show up as 'IceTV program' - I'm assuming this has to do with EyeTV not having the guide data for a given channel/time when PIMP sends the data - but it never gets rectified. Is there anything that I can do aside from delete and reschedule these recordings?

Also, in a less urgent problem, PIMP will sometimes send series recordings multiple times (so I get duplicate disabled scheduled recordings in EyeTV), usually with identical timeslots - is this because the EPG data has been updated at PIMP's end, or some other craziness?

Likkie

Quote from: cailyoung on February 15, 2007, 09:45:39 AM
Many of my forthcoming series recordings scheduled with PIMP show up as 'IceTV program' - I'm assuming this has to do with EyeTV not having the guide data for a given channel/time when PIMP sends the data - but it never gets rectified. Is there anything that I can do aside from delete and reschedule these recordings?

I also see this a lot, find it very annoying and would like a solution.

Cheers

Likkie.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

While we are not sure of any way to have these schedules change to reflect the actual program, we have changed the amount of days that the series daemon looks ahead down to 5.

You are correct in that the "IceTV Program" is a symptom of no guide data being available for the time that a scheduled recording via PIMP gets created within EyeTV. With the changes back to 5 days this should lessen the chance of this happening in the future.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

cailyoung

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it :)

rtraill

I am having problems with PIMP recordings appearing on my EyeTV as "IceTV Program".  As I understand it this happens when the guide on the local machine has not been updated to cover the period in which the PIMP scheduling recording is set for.  I also understand you have reduced the days looking ahead to 5 to try and reduce this error.

My EyeTV said it downloaded the guide at 3am this morning but recordings for the 4 and 5 March weren't in it.  Manually updating fixed it.

I think you need to reduce the look ahead time further.  I think it should be 3 days.  I don't really see the need for them to be set many days in advance and it also doesn't allow for last minute changes for in programming.  I am referring to series scheduling by the way.

Perhaps a user based setting on the PIMP interface could be implemented to allow people to choose how far ahead scheduling occurs?

aidandwyer

This problem is still occuring for me!

Can anyone recommend a fix please?

rudders

Anyone ever figure out how to fix this one. I'm getting it now (Nov 2014) I think after and update to EyeTV 3.3.4 if I remember my numbers correctly.