Newby questions

Started by isanders, August 13, 2009, 10:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isanders

G'day guys,

Have been running Ice TV on my media centre for some months without a problem, but have now bought two iPhones for my wife and I.   I downloaded the IceTV applet last night and have a couple of questions:

- I set a program to record on the iPhone, and whilst it showed in the iPhone as 'record', it never did on the media centre (Vista).   Any ideas? (I haven't renamed any of the channels)

- The iPhone doesn't show me what programs are set to record (which have been set on the media centre) - from talking to colleagues, that is normal - how am I going to go having three interfaces to the one recording device?   Hoping that all three devices will be synchronised???

Cheers

Ivan

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ivan,

We have checked this out and it looks like there has been a build-up of old tasks that is stopping the updates from coming through.

To fix this there are two things to do, firstly update to the new version (2.0.0.20) of IceTV Interactive for Vista, this can be found at http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/downloads.cgi?op=get_file&number=13 (it can be safely installed over the top of the previous version).

Then clear out the cached tasks from the hard drive. The best set of instructions for doing this can be found here http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=970.msg4304#msg4304

Once this is done the tasks should come down, please let us know if they don't.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

isanders

Daniel

Did as you suggested - no change.

I uninstalled, removed the IceTV hive from the registry, deleted all IceTV files and rebooted.

Reinstalled new version (as above) - still getting:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ehiProxy.IRecordingScheduleItemsIDs' from assembly 'ehiProxy, Version=6.0.6000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
   at IceTV.MainForm.update_recordings_padding()
   at IceTV.MainForm.doUpdate()

also:

Request ignored because it's being made too often.
- MessageTypeID: MT_GET_CHANNELS
- IsRequest: False
- IsError: True
- NewFormat: True

Thanks,

Ivan

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Next question then, on what version of Windows are you attempting to run IceTV Interactive?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

isanders

cheaphotels