Main Menu

Recent posts

Getting Help / Re: Slow file transfer
Last post by MD - May 26, 2024, 04:18:24 PM
Yes EOP is very good though has never caught on with the general public.  Recommended by me too 👍
Last post by IanL-S - May 26, 2024, 10:53:15 AM
I have use Ethernet over power line (aka Home Plug) successfully in past and found it very reliable.
Last post by raymondjpg - May 26, 2024, 10:50:18 AM
Quote from: NBOSTI on May 25, 2024, 10:03:29 PMHad no issues then, can I run an Ethernet cable from the IceBox direct to my iMac for file transfer but maintain a WiFi connection for IceTV service?
It looks possible, but tricky. See posts #8 and #9 at https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/14921-how-to-make-some-services-use-wired-network-and-some-wireless/

Quote from: NBOSTI on May 25, 2024, 10:03:29 PMMy modem/router is quite some distance from Entertainment centre, and running e/net cables across flooring, walls and ceiling  is very inconvenient.
If you have a reasonably young house, and modern wiring, it would probably be worth looking at powerline adapters to give you just an ethernet connection for both internet and file transfer. In my experience, with an older house, data transfer rates are pretty woeful and probably not good enough for reliably streaming live TV or playing recordings via a PC. You could also try a wifi extender,but again, depending on how good they might be, could be equally limiting with regard to data transfer. I have no experience with them, but I have recently installed a wifi6 mesh system that does make a reasonable fist of data transfer over about a 15 metre distance, running in "wifi access mode" rather than as a separate router, with ethernet ports that can be used to either directly connect individual devices or a number via a router or switch. I get good performance streaming live TV or recordings from my IceBox BYO, and of course the icebox is always connected to the internet through this link.

Edit: If all you're looking for is an internet connection to update the IceBox from IceTV servers, then I think relatively cheap powerline adapters should do the job. Maybe keep the wifi mesh system on ice for when you need good wifi coverage for other devices.
IceTV EPG Content / Re: 9Go! Brisbane in HD as of ...
Last post by IanL-S - May 26, 2024, 08:19:24 AM
Is it just the name, or is that when you schedule a recording for 9Go! (LCN 99) - the HD one - that it records the SD LCN instead.
Last post by Brainz - May 26, 2024, 04:42:11 AM
That is exactly how I have it set up.

The problem is that 99 is not 9Go! anymore, it is 9Go!HD.
The EPG is only showing info for 9Go!.  9Go!HD does appear anywhere in the guide.

99 needs an entry of its own so that 93 can be disabled as I have done with NITV.
BYOB / Re: Tuners that I got to work ...
Last post by NBOSTI - May 25, 2024, 10:23:43 PM
I have found that Video Proc can do the editing I need on my Mac. A paid for software.

Last post by NBOSTI - May 25, 2024, 10:03:29 PM
Thanks raymondjpeg, your mention of " If wireless, then a whole other story" somewhat answers the issue.
I had a wired network at my last residence, now am completely wireless due to restrictions on running cabling.
I recall that some years back, I used to connect an Apple TV directly to my (much older) Mac with an ethernet cable, still using WiFi for internet.
Had no issues then, can I run an Ethernet cable from the IceBox direct to my iMac for file transfer but maintain a WiFi connection for IceTV service?
My modem/router is quite some distance from Entertainment centre, and running e/net cables across flooring, walls and ceiling  is very inconvenient.
IceTV EPG Content / Re: Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly
Last post by Tiphanee - May 25, 2024, 09:39:37 PM
Hi Adrian -

This has been corrected.

Cheers
Tiphanee
IceTV EPG Content / Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly
Last post by aeb001 - May 25, 2024, 12:25:14 PM
7HD, 7:30pm, Thu, 30 May 2024, 60 minutes - SxxExx < S04E12
Last post by IanL-S - May 24, 2024, 12:42:26 PM
In your guide settings have you tried selecting only. See screenshot.Setting 9GoHD only.jpg