Keeps freezing up when using the remote

Started by rodneya63, October 02, 2015, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya63

Have been using my Skippa for a few days. The problem I am having is that it keeps freezing up. Not sure of the full cause yet but when using the remote (haven't tried on the Skippa buttons) and I press the buttons multiple times to move through menus etc it just freezes up. The no buttons work, remote on on the unit. It did come back once but that was after ~5mins and it went a little wild. I have had to pull the power out and reset the unit.

Has anyone else had the problem and is there a work around? Very annoying.

IanL-S

I suggest you report this to IceTV Tech support using the on-line support request form:

https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact

I assume you have tried the usual things such as reset to factory settings; turning the SKIPPA off and un-pluging it for about 5 minutes.

I had a similar issue with one of my Topfield PVRs and it was a damaged power connector to the internal HDD that was causing it to happen. This damage tends to increase over time, so that reduces the likelihood of that being the cause.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

zoszos68

My Skippa has frozen when when browsing files from the media section (which is also very slow).
What I did find was that I could still watch videos etc on my pc (Windows 10) when The Skippa was frozen (well the screen is frozen).
I had forgotten it was frozen and starting streaming and it played the video ok.

So if anyone wants to try streaming from another device when The Skippa has frozen/locked up can you post your results as it may Help IceTV fix the lockups if it is possible.

dinym

IceTV have advised me that this slow response plus the fact that my unit couldn't record  then got stuck in an endless boot loop when I did a factory reset is a known HARDWARE problem and they are replacing my unit :)