New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonymy01

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 20, 2009, 12:23:21 AM
It turns out this particular bug was related to the fact that you're in Adelaide, or more specifically, that you're not in the Sydney timezone. 
Hehe, this explains why I have been quite happy with the transition, I believe everything I have set has worked (mind you, I might just be ignorant to stuff I have missed, I don't tend to read the real EPG guides to see what is coming up, nor be able to briefly see at a glance what is recording and/or a fave that *should* be recording thanx to not having a Widget at the moment GRR.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

srto2

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 20, 2009, 12:23:21 AM
Quote from: srto2 on August 19, 2009, 05:48:55 PM
"The Cook & the Chef" has morphed into grey doughnuts again.

EDIT:  This is crazy.  After posting the above and doing nothing else, the grey doughnuts have been replaced by red filled doughnuts.

Well, it appears that we've found another bug in the scheduling engine, and this time you were the lucky user to help us find it.  ;D

I checked your recordings, and you were right.  It had unscheduled something it shouldn't have.  It turns out this particular bug was related to the fact that you're in Adelaide, or more specifically, that you're not in the Sydney timezone.  It only happened in very specific cases, but this was one of those cases, so we were able to spot it.  I've fixed it and rescanned everyone's series recordings, so hopefully this was the last one.  We're watching it...

Thanks,
Russell

Thanks Russell,

The next weird thing is that the Wiz fired up at the appropriate time for "Cook & the Chef" or so I thought.
But the show did not record.  So somehow a "view" timer was evidently left as some vestigial remnant of the original.

But good news that the debugging is proceeding.

Regards,
Rob

mtb

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 20, 2009, 07:31:26 AM
You should now be able to see which Keyword Recording or Keyword Favourite was used to schedule a show.  When you see the and icons, click the show to open it, and you'll see a line like this:

This show matched the Keyword Favourite: "the simpsons" -treehouse

And the keywords will be linked to the matching entry on your My Shows page.

For series recordings, you'll see something similar, with a link to the series recording entry on your My Shows page:

This show is part of a series recording.

Give it a try.

Thanks,
Russell

It's excellent, really excellent, works like a charm.  I know it's pushing it a bit... any chance of including it in the RSS feed?  Not the link, just the text would do.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

prl

Elusive genres.

Is there still an intention to allow genre to me specified in a keyword search? Or can it be done and I have just missed something?

If you select a genre other than All in the TV Guide, then all the other genres attached to the program disappear from the program details. For example: if I select "All" as the genre, Friday's ODI on SBS 1/HD shows its genre to be "Sport, Cricket" in the program details, but If I select "Sport" as the genre, the program details only show "Sport" as the genre, and if I select "Cricket" as the genre, the details only show "Cricket". It's a bit silly, really, because if I've selected a genre, I know that that genre is attached to the program; why are the other genre tags being excluded? This probably isn't all that much use now, but it might help in tuning a Keyword recording/Favourite when genre is permitted in the search.

Genre tags don't seem to be displayed for programs that are "Not upcoming in the next 7 days". In fact, no tags are displayed. I can understand that some tags might not be appropriate because they can't be relied on to be the same for the next series, or even for a repeat, but I think that the next airing of CRICKET: The Ashes may, just possibly, still be "Sport, Cricket" :) Again, having this would be more useful when genre can be used with keyword searches.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: mtb on August 26, 2009, 12:55:26 AM
It's excellent, really excellent, works like a charm.  I know it's pushing it a bit... any chance of including it in the RSS feed?  Not the link, just the text would do.

Sounds like it should be possible.  We'll look into it.

Thanks,
Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on August 31, 2009, 05:44:43 PM
Is there still an intention to allow genre to me specified in a keyword search? Or can it be done and I have just missed something?

Sorry, it's not something we're supporting right now, but we've considered adding it at some point in the future.

If you select a genre other than All in the TV Guide, then all the other genres attached to the program disappear from the program details.

Oops, sounds like a bug.  We'll look into it, thanks.

Genre tags don't seem to be displayed for programs that are "Not upcoming in the next 7 days".

That's correct, it's not something being included for shows that are not upcoming, but it sounds like something that could be added.  We'll take a look at it.

Thanks,
Russell

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

srto2

Strange happenings now  ???

This morning my daily EPG Load (Manual View Timer, 15:00) and my daily ABC News timers (Interactive,19:00) were deleted.  Strange indeed but I have this funny feeling because it happened last week, and, I think, the week before as well.  I can't be certain but I reckon Wednesday is the day of this dirty deed.

I think the rest of the timers are intact.  I could understand it if it was Nine News, but what have you guys got against the ABC  ;)

I am really close to trusting this system... but maybe not yet?

tonymy01

Do you have DCM enabled on the Wiz?  If it detects broadcaster changes, it re-arranges the channels and may drop timers for any channels it thinks doesn't exist any more.  Make sure you don't have any duplicates in your "list" view (all channels, not just your current favourites group) on the Wiz, otherwise confusion will reign and the Wiz will give you probs.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

srto2

Quote from: tonymy01 on September 02, 2009, 04:39:57 PM
Do you have DCM enabled on the Wiz?  If it detects broadcaster changes, it re-arranges the channels and may drop timers for any channels it thinks doesn't exist any more.  Make sure you don't have any duplicates in your "list" view (all channels, not just your current favourites group) on the Wiz, otherwise confusion will reign and the Wiz will give you probs.

DCM is disabled.  There are no duplicates in my "list" view which is my only favourites group.  In the "All Sevices" list the only "duplicates" are the extra channels in each MUX ie ABC3, SBS3, SBS4 etc.

I was worried that the hassles I had initially with Interactive might be a Wiz bug but I think this one is down to ICE as well.  In the guide, ICE tells me for ABC News:
QuoteThis show is part of a series recording  but is not scheduled to be recorded.
(Recording show would exceed requested shows per day limit.)

Well, jeez, I only want to record one per day!

Is there still a possibility of a Wiz bug do you think?  Most of my Timers are ABC or SBS, and as far as I can tell I think my manual view timer to update the guide and the news are the only timers that are getting blown away.

Cheers,
Rob

EDIT:  Hold the phone!  I had ABC1 (LCN2) and ABC1 (LCN21) in All Services.  Little bugger must have snuck back in when I rescanned at some stage.  Let's hope that that was the problem after all.

tonymy01

No, that isn't really a duplicate in the way I am describing, I mean two of the same LCN number.
Do you really only want to record one per day?  What if they do a double header?
Regards
Regards
Tony

ice123456789

I get the same problem. I set one per day in order to get around the unfortunate problem that the new interface does not allow setting a specific channel, only network and preferred definition.
Having set a series recording for standard def only, once per day and (say) ABC, I find that Interactive refuses to  schedule a recording if both ABCHD and ABC1 have the same program. Both programs get the grey icon - one of which complains that it won't record because that would exceed the number of recordings per day, the other that it is the wrong definition

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: ice123456789 on September 02, 2009, 09:18:33 PM
Having set a series recording for standard def only, once per day and (say) ABC, I find that Interactive refuses to  schedule a recording if both ABCHD and ABC1 have the same program. Both programs get the grey icon - one of which complains that it won't record because that would exceed the number of recordings per day, the other that it is the wrong definition

Thanks for pointing this out.  We found the problem and fixed it, so if you try it again now, it should schedule the show on the SD channel correctly.  An easy way to get the scheduling engine to scan the shows for a particular series again is to just go to the My Shows page, click a series to open it, and click Save Changes.  You should then see the changes it makes within about 30 seconds or so.

Russell

ice123456789

Thanks for pointing this out.  We found the problem and fixed it, so if you try it again now, it should schedule the show on the SD channel correctly.  An easy way to get the scheduling engine to scan the shows for a particular series again is to just go to the My Shows page, click a series to open it, and click Save Changes.  You should then see the changes it makes within about 30 seconds or so.

Russell

Thanks for this.
Am I correct in saying that it is no longer possible to select the exact channel for an Interactive recording, or am I missing something?

prl

Quote from: ice123456789 on September 03, 2009, 03:03:38 PM
Am I correct in saying that it is no longer possible to select the exact channel for an Interactive recording, or am I missing something?
That's correct, you can't do it directly. It only matters when the same program is being shown more than once on the same day, either at different times and/or in SD and HD.

But you can get a reasonable amount of control by using Network selection, SD only/Prefer SD/Prefer HD/HD only, Record n per day or the recording time. Record n only allows you to record the first n.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use