Using my laptop ice tv it says default to TV guide off and default to now off is

Started by Donmcq, May 09, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donmcq

Should my laptop ice guide defaults to TV guide and now be set to off or do they have to be on. First time I have used it so am a bit confused

prl

I'm not sure what the question is. You use the IceTV Web page to set up recordings on your PVR(s). Your PVR checks regularly (every 15 min on Beyonwizes, either every 30 or 60 min on Topfields, don't know about other brands) to see if there are any updates to what it should be recording and when it should be showing in its IceTV guide.

Your laptop doesn't need to be on for your PVR to update. Your PVR doesn't need to be running for you to set up recordings on the IceTV Web, but the PVR needs to have contacted IceTV before it will find out about them.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Donmcq on May 09, 2013, 06:42:57 PM
Should my laptop ice guide defaults to TV guide and now be set to off or do they have to be on. First time I have used it so am a bit confused
You've even confused me, and prl. I believe that these options are in the iPhone app so they don't really relate to your laptop.

You should leave them both set to on.

'Default to Now' will open the TV Guide to the current timeslot when you open the guide, instead of opening at the 6am timeslot. 'Default to TV Guide' will open the TV Guide, instead of the menu, when you open the app.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service