BYOB Fails to install completely or correctly.

Started by srto2, July 04, 2023, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srto2

Quote from: MD on July 05, 2023, 03:03:31 PMIs the IP address visible in the network setup section?  If not you are not connecting.

If connected once signed in to IceTV a very brief, maybe 2 seconds max, TVHeadend "not connected" message will appear but as it connects via IP a successful connection message will appear.

I suspect you either don't get an IP address in the initial BYOB setup page, the third one after language and then naming the box, or you have a local network issue that is holding back a proper connection.  We have thousands logging in every minute and no issues whatsoever.
Thanks for sticking with me.

Yes, the IP address is visible in the network setup.  I have no problem in telling you that it is 192.168.1.134 LAN and/or 192.168.1.89 WiFi.

Yes, the "TVHeadend not connected" message does appear briefly BUT at the point where the IceTV setup is supposed to occur I get another popup that says "TVHeadend Server 4.2 Update Failed" and I can assure you that I have not initiated anything else at that stage.

I have tried this now on three machines with multiple install sticks and multiple hard drives all up probably 30 times now.  I've bypassed my LAN completely by connecting direct to my modem.

It's the same error every time with the same result and it has to be a install software issue, doesn't it?

srto2

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on July 05, 2023, 03:05:23 PMUnder the settings of Kodi, in the LibreELEC settings, under the About tab on the left, what is the version number that is displayed?
devel-20230205230517-9a5f365

MD

Daniel Hall, our CTO & Software Manager replied after my last cone commenting as to whether your setup had an NVIDIA graphics card. That may be the cause and we have a solution

srto2

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on July 05, 2023, 03:15:08 PMI have an idea on what the issue is now, and if you are using a mini PC then you won't have an nVidia graphics card in play, I have just had the download links updated with the latest version of the IceBox BYOB software, please install that on the machine and give it another go.

The download links can be found at https://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/6591367595407-IceBox-BYOB-Installation-Links
Writing the USB stick now...

srto2

Quote from: MD on July 05, 2023, 03:30:20 PMDaniel Hall, our CTO & Software Manager replied after my last cone commenting as to whether your setup had an NVIDIA graphics card. That may be the cause and we have a solution
Repies are thick and fast now.  I'm about to install with the new image.

srto2

Hi Daniel,

Kodi version is STILL 9a5f365.
Let me try a download again

The video "card" in the box is Intel UHD Graphics 630 if that helps!

Daniel Hall at IceTV

That's perfect, just need to ensure that the version after installation is 'devel-20230522060525-aae861d' and you should be all good to go.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

srto2

Daniel, the new download link still points to the older file...

srto2

srto2

Hello!  Is anyone there?   Sorry to be impatient but your new link still points to the older image...

DeltaMikeCharlie

The link text and the link URL did not match.  I copied the link text and pasted it into my browser and I got the right file.

Try this: https://updates.icetv.com.au/downloads/IceBox-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20230522060525-aae861d.img.gz

srto2

Hi DMC, thanks for that!  I did the same and still got the old file.  I'll write the image now!

srto2

I do believe the new image is working.  Ice is setting up now!  Many thanks MD, Daniel and DMC...

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

Last night I needed to reboot my IceTV IceBox and noticed that at the end of the process there was a message about not being able to contact a remote server. Rebooted several times and got the same message. On the guide settings page it is reported that the IceBox is still calling home. My Week listing indicates all timers have been successfully set for the forthcoming week.

There were 4 failed recordings on Saturday (due to insufficient disk space) but nothing that would explain why I am getting the message on boot-up.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help