Guide/Timers not updating.

Started by nodyel, April 15, 2024, 11:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodyel

Hi,

I have logged a ticket but thought I would try here as well.

Basically, the Guide is not updating, and neither are the IceTV set timers. I was away from last Friday, until yesterday when I noticed the issue. I noticed that a couple of programs that were due to be recorded tomorrow were not listed. I then had a look at the guide, and found a lot of 'No information found' in it.

So, did some digging, and found the following:

Guide1.jpg

Note the gap in info between Dr Phil and ET. This gap shows 'no information' in the IceBox guide. It seems to be affecting most (if not all channels) at some stage, and at random time slots.

Next, what is in the timers on IceTV web:

Guide2.jpg

All the doughnuts are because I tried a 'resend all' yesterday.

And these are the timers that actually made it to the IceBox at some stage (all of Monday timers, none for Tuesday, and 2 of 8 for Wednesday):

Guide3.jpg

I've tried just about everything I could find in the gui (which wasn't much). I have also tried multiple reboots and power off reboots.

I can't think of anything else to try other that a soft reset, unless someone has another suggestion.

Mike.

Beyonwiz U4

MD

Hi Mike,

I've replied via your support ticket but yes a soft reset is the way to go. Apologies and a software update is near release (we are testing the final release candidate right now).

nodyel

Quote from: MD on April 15, 2024, 12:01:20 PMHi Mike,

I've replied via your support ticket but yes a soft reset is the way to go. Apologies and a software update is near release (we are testing the final release candidate right now).
[/quote

Okay, thanks- I will do that soon...

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

nodyel

And the soft reset brought everything back to life again.

Cheers,

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

johnmw1

Hi,

Yes, I have lost a few of my timers again, and there are lots of blank areas in the EPG.

I have National Nine News HD set to record every night of the week. I work a couple of nights a week so therefore I remove specific episodes via the web UI. Each time I have done this for the news, and I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but sometime later other timers that are supposed to record for the news drop off, and the EPG shows lots of blanks.

I did a reboot last night where I also noticed that there is a new software update of 11.6.2 (I think).

Cheers,
John

IanL-S

Hopefully the new build will mitigate the problem you are having. I know that @Daniel Hall has been working on a solution to the EPG/timer update problem.

We do not have a list of the changes, and @Daniel Hall is currently out of action with the flu.

I cannot test for the problem as I am currently running a beta build.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

Quote from: johnmw1 on April 19, 2024, 08:21:47 AMYes, I have lost a few of my timers again, and there are lots of blank areas in the EPG.

As for the missing timers, I have a vague recollection that IceBox timers set from the EPG only work locally, i.e. do not get captured by the IceTV servers.  It could be that the Soft reset loses the local timers.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong with this one.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

My recollection that recent builds of the IceTV add-on upload timers set on the IceBox itself, either through the EPG or a timer rule, to the IceTV server. Looking at the change list, this was introduced in IceTV add-on version 0.1.68; the current build is 1.0.2. You can delete timers created using the IceBox EPG via the IceTV App. My recollection is that they cannot be deleted on the IceBox, as they are immediately download from the IceTV server. Timers created by IceBox timer rule can be problematic - but I doubt that they are a popular feature with users.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help