Can't Set Up Beyonwiz DPP2 Network

Started by breany, February 09, 2009, 12:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breany

Hello. I'm a newbie, just bought a Beyonwiz DPP2.
I'm having problems setting up the network and Ice TV.
Any help would be most appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out here.
Here's my scenario....Cheers

Windows XP
Beyonwiz DPP2
Ice TV subsciber
Virgin Broadband user

I originally connected the Beyonwiz directly into my Virgin modem/router.
It came back with messages that my user name/password were accepted.
It also said obtaining Ice EPG in 20 minutes and counted down to 0 but I got nothing.

Continued attempts at connecting the Beyonwiz to the ICE TV EPG gave messages of getting the EPG from disk OK, getting the EPG data...
and MSG "Host unresolved"

This is the message I get all the time now MSG "Host unresolved"
When I go to device list under the ICE TV menu, there is nothing there (never has been) even though I have registered my DPP2 on the ICE TV website.

I then tried plugging the Beyonwiz into a router and also my Virgin Broadband into the router.
I read a recent message in this forum to change the IP address for the Beyonwiz to a public one like Optus 203.002.075.002.

I have also tried to find my computer on the Beyonwiz in the Network settings but no luck.

I have set the router with the IP address and also tried DHCP?

Would any one have any suggestions on how to fix this network?

Should the Beyonwiz get the ICE TV data properly if I pull out my PC ethernet connection to my Virgin broadband modem/router and connect the Beyonwiz into the same port?? (I don't need to have the Beyonwiz hooked up permanently)

OR does the Beyonwiz need to talk to my computer (just to get the ICE TV stuff) and thus I need both connected and talking to each other??? I realise I will need both hooked up to the router to create a network.

Hope you can help..
Cheers
Andrew

tonymy01

That IP address is the DNS address!! (this is to resolve the hostname of ice.com.au or wherever the Wiz is set to get the stuff from).  Don't ever use it for your main IP address!  You won't find your computer unless you setup a share with correct username/password to what you setup in the Wiz windows networking.  You are best to verify at least your local network connection by runnning WizFX (and ensuring you enable WizPNP server on the Wiz to share files out this way).
You need to manually create devices in the ICE Interactive setup on their account options etc webpages.   Once you setup one device, you should be able to get the Wiz to point to that device when you setup your ICE username/password/etc on the Wiz.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

breany

Thanks Tony. What a super quick reply. Will give it a go.
Where do I get WizFX from?

prl

Quote from: breany on February 09, 2009, 12:51:29 PM
Where do I get WizFX from?

The Beyonwiz downloads page. Select WizFX from the "Others" dropdown menu, then click Download.

Or alternatively, the WizTV downloads page. Just click on a WizFX link.

It doesn't matter which model you specify to download WizFX. They're all the same.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing