IceTV timers set for and after Jan 1st are being incremented by 1 hour

Started by fastcars, December 27, 2015, 02:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastcars

Quote from: prl on December 28, 2015, 05:51:20 PM
Except that 1 January isn't around the start (or end) of daylight savings time. :(

Correct!  ;)

tjcurnow

Just to confirm that Adelaide is an hour out too from 1 January - my T2 wants to record everything an hour after IceTV says it's on.

(I'm not sure why prl wants Adelaide to be 30 mins out rather than an hour out - our hour of time zone difference from the east is confusing enough, without only adjusting half an hour for daylight savings ... although I guess if we had a half-hour adjustment for daylight savings it would make sure that absolutely everyone gets upset, the ones who want us to switch to eastern time, the ones who want us to stay as is, AND the ones who want us to be an hour the other way.  A perfect system, loathed equally by all.)

csutak40

Quote from: prl on December 28, 2015, 05:08:01 PM
In some detail:

I have 5 min pre-padding and 25 min post-padding, Beyonwiz T4, beta firmware 2015-12-23.

On 1 Jan:
Series recording for Better Homes and Gardens (Prime7 19:00-20:30) is showing up as a timer on our T4 set for 19:55-21:55 (should be 18:55-20:55 with padding), and that is reflected in My Week as a one-off recording for Movie: As Good as it Gets (20:30-23:25).

If anyone's home at IceTV, could they please look into this problem?

Yeah, now that I had a better look, mine are exactly the same
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: tjcurnow on December 28, 2015, 06:00:24 PM
... I'm not sure why prl wants Adelaide to be 30 mins out rather than an hour out - our hour of time zone difference from the east is confusing enough, without only adjusting half an hour for daylight savings ... although I guess if we had a half-hour adjustment for daylight savings it would make sure that absolutely everyone gets upset, the ones who want us to switch to eastern time, the ones who want us to stay as is, AND the ones who want us to be an hour the other way.  A perfect system, loathed equally by all.
I don't know why prl said it either. He might have said he got it confused with Lord Howe Island, which is not only in a half-hour standard time zone (+10:30), but also has a 30-minute shift for DST. However, they don't have any FTA TV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

mkwilson

Quote from: prl on December 28, 2015, 05:11:43 PM
Quote from: mac37 on December 28, 2015, 05:05:44 PM
Mine are all OK on the Sunshinecoast (Including Brisbane Channels).

I'm beginning to think that IceTV is treating everywhere as not being on daylight savings time from 1 January. January, apparently, is the new April, and 1 January is now 1 April ;).

Yep, I was about to post exactly the same thing... Opened up 'My Week' and said 'Oh, not again'.

....and have several series recordings showing as 'queued' that are only a few days away (i.e. Jan 1 or later). Curiously, other series recordings scheduled as late as next Monday are fine.

digmans

I'm having the same problem in Sydney.  Today is the first post-Christmas working day for many.  Hopefully that includes someone at IceTV.

prl

Quote from: digmans on December 29, 2015, 09:16:48 AM
I'm having the same problem in Sydney.  Today is the first post-Christmas working day for many.  Hopefully that includes someone at IceTV.
IceTV support is closed until 4 Jan. We can only hope yhat Faniel sees this and acts on it before Friday.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I'm  only seeing this problem on our Beyonwiz T4, not on our DPs. Is it a problem with the new server? Is anyone seeing it on any devices not on the new server (i.e devices other than Beyonwiz T series and perhaps SKIPPA?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on December 29, 2015, 09:25:26 AM
I'm  only seeing this problem on our Beyonwiz T4, not on our DPs. Is it a problem with the new server? Is anyone seeing it on any devices not on the new server (i.e devices other than Beyonwiz T series and perhaps SKIPPA?

I am also using Toppy 5k (still :-[) and that is fine and so is Windows 7 Media Center
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Mac37

Just to re-iterate.
Sunshinecoast (including retransmitted Brisbane) Channels are all scheduled correctly for January programs.
This is the case for Topfield, Humax and Beyonwiz T2.  ;D
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

simoncasey

Quote from: mac37 on December 29, 2015, 11:53:53 AM
Just to re-iterate.
Sunshinecoast (including retransmitted Brisbane) Channels are all scheduled correctly for January programs.
This is the case for Topfield, Humax and Beyonwiz T2.  ;D

I think that's why prl suggested it could be a daylight savings issue as the only people affected seem to be in those states that have daylight savings. It doesn't seem to be an issue in WA as I'm sure tezza would have posted by now.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

I am having a look at this one now, not 100% sure where the problem lies though as it's not affecting all users on T series Beyonwiz's, and at a first glance I can't see any SKIPPA users that are reporting an issue (these are the only PVR's on the new API).

Will report back shortly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

fastcars

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: kazz on December 27, 2015, 05:16:23 PM
They're all on the T4 but not on the T3.

kazz, what software versions are on your T4 and on your T3?    Go to "Menu > Information > About" then note the "Last Upgrade"

fastcars' T3 has firmware dated 2015-12-23 01:58 and it has the issue. My T4 has firmware dated 2015-12-23 01:50 and it has the issue. So T3 and T4 firmware dated 2015-12-23 has the issue.

It seems like the recent (latest?) T series software has reset daylight saving time after the start of 2016. It is like it has forgotten that daylight savings has already started and is still in effect. Thus why QLD (and WA) people who don't have daylight savings are not experiencing the issue. It is the same result as the issue that occurred around the start of daylight saving time back in October.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

It looks like there was a small logic loophole in the daylight savings calculations in the start of a new year in the new API. A fix has been rolled out for it and the system is going through now and re-scheduling any shows for the coming week so all incorrect timers should be updated to the correct ones within the next couple of hours.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.