New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcpaton

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 18, 2009, 08:00:17 AM
Quote from: mcpaton on August 18, 2009, 07:51:40 AM
Why do I have a red series donut on tonight's Talkin Bout your Generation?

It looks like you have a series recording setup for that on your My Shows page.

Russell

Sorry, yes It is set to record, but is a donut still, and hasn't set the timer on my Beyonwiz
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

prl

Quote from: mcpaton on August 18, 2009, 05:38:22 PM

Russell

Sorry, yes It is set to record, but is a donut still, and hasn't set the timer on my Beyonwiz
Has your Beyonwiz been out of standby since you set the recording on IceTV?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

srto2

It seems that nearly every day, rather than update timers, "Interactive" deletes timers.

Yesterday Spicks & Specks and Cook & Chef (for Wednesday) were deleted so I restored them.  Today Finding the Fallen and Tony R's Crime and Punishment were deleted as indicated in "My upcoming Shows".  I fired up the Wiz just before Finding the Fallen was due to start and the timer was not there.  But it miraculously started to record and equally miraculously appeared in "My upcoming Shows" after that.  Clearly there is no way the Wiz could have started form standby had I not turned it on.   Crime & Punishment has now appeared in the Timer list and "My upcoming Shows" as well.

I am going away for a few days and won't have access to the 'net so I can have no confidence that anything will record.

I am sorry people but this is just not good enough and to say that I am disappointed is an understatement.

Is anyone actually using this "service" successfully with a DP-P1?  And if I set all shows to record manually, how do I stop ICE from deleting them if nothing is listed on-line?

Vortical

Mine has worked perfectly on my Beyonwiz S1 and Topfield 7100 since the new Ice Interactive was implemented

I had a couple of timers fail to send to the 7100 Possibly becuase they had a . in the title but they send through fine to the S1.

I also had to clear the IceTV cache on the Beyonwiz though shortly after scanning for GO just prior to the official switch on.

mcpaton

Quote from: prl on August 18, 2009, 05:39:47 PM
Quote from: mcpaton on August 18, 2009, 05:38:22 PM

Russell

Has your Beyonwiz been out of standby since you set the recording on IceTV?

Yes. In fact it hasn't been IN standby. Also, Gavin & Stacey was definitely set up yesterday, but I noticed tonight it had disappeared from the BW, and the indicator on Ice TV had turned back into a donut....

This is getting a bit frustrating...!
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: srto2 on August 18, 2009, 06:57:41 PM
It seems that nearly every day, rather than update timers, "Interactive" deletes timers.

Sorry about that.  If you've been seeing shows get scheduled on the web site and then unscheduled, it may have been because of the bug I mentioned in this post yesterday.  We're hoping it's fixed now, but we're also keeping an eye on it.  We re-ran the scheduler on everyone's recordings yesterday, so hopefully you should see things scheduled correctly today.

Thanks,
Russell

A_G

I haven't been following the thread the last few days but I still have unscheduled recordings (all from today onwards). The PVR was on for a good few hours last night but nothing went through...

I haven't been home to check the PVR yet but will later. Still, Ice is not showing correctly if they have scheduled.

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: A_G on August 19, 2009, 08:40:41 AM
I still have unscheduled recordings (all from today onwards).

Can you tell me which shows aren't being scheduled correctly?  I had a look at your recordings just now but I didn't see anything unusual.  Maybe I didn't know what to look for though.

Thanks,
Russell

A_G

Thanks Russell, looks like they all scheduled this morning when the 0930 timer went off. Was just strange that nothing went across last night... will double check the PVR later today but so far looks good...

Are there still issues with timers being delted ad-hoc? I missed one Sunday night but I don't know whether the show (Rescue Special ops) actually aired. There were many instances of this before the new interactive and in the early days of the release. I think everything else recorded okay...

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 18, 2009, 11:06:31 AM
Quote from: prl on August 18, 2009, 09:51:14 AM
Quote from: prl on August 14, 2009, 11:05:29 AM
Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 14, 2009, 10:50:02 AM
Quote from: prl on August 14, 2009, 09:37:40 AM
I've got more grey Queued Series Recording icons for Shaun the Sheep and Scrapheap challenge. The problem persists...

Sorry about that.  We found a problem in our scheduling engine, but I think we may have it fixed now.  We'll watch it over the next few days and see.  In the mean time, we've re-run the scheduler on all of your series recordings, so they should be looking better now.

Thanks,
Russell
Thanks, Russell, I refreshed the page and the only grey donuts I see now are ones that should be grey. I'll keep a look out for any problems over the next few days, too.
Hi, Russell. I'm still seeing grey "Queued Series Recordings" for Scrapheap Challenge (ABC2) for 0925 and 1010 Sun Aug 23, and 1830 Mon 24, and for Shaun the Sheep (ABC2) 1555 Mon Aug 24. I'm using ACT IceTV guide on a Beyonwiz DP-S1.

Oops.  It seems the bug wasn't quite fixed...  But the good news is that your account has been quite helpful in finding the bug, and I think we've actually found it now.

I've re-run the scheduler on your series recordings again, and they're fixed again, so let's see if they really do stay fixed this time.  At least we have a good way to know if it's fixed or not.  :)  The bug we found today certainly looks like it's the culprit, so maybe this will take care of it.

Thanks,
Russell

Hi, Russell, It looks like I'm still the lightning rod for scheduler bugs. The two series recordings episodes for today that had previously been having problems with (Shaun the Sheep & Scrapheap Challenge) have scheduled correctly, but my recording for All Saints (21:30 Thu 25 Aug, Prime SC and Prime SC HD) has not - both the SD and HD episodes are showing as greyed queued series recordings.

My settings are slightly different from the other recordings I was having problems with:
Network: Prime
Any time
First runs only
Prefer high def
Record all

ACT Guide/Beyonwiz DP-S1.

Another difference with the recordings that now appear to be fixed is that while all the recordings are "Prefer high def", there was no high def version for Shaun or Scrapheap, but there is, of course, for the prime time episodes of All Saints.

Thanks for all your help so far, I hope you can get this sorted, too!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: prl on August 19, 2009, 11:00:14 AM
my recording for All Saints (21:30 Thu 25 Aug, Prime SC and Prime SC HD) has not - both the SD and HD episodes are showing as greyed queued series recordings.

My settings are slightly different from the other recordings I was having problems with:
Any time
First runs only

I believe that's because you have the series recording set for first runs only, but all of the episodes of All Saints currently scheduled in your region are repeats.

Russell

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 19, 2009, 11:27:14 AM
Quote from: prl on August 19, 2009, 11:00:14 AM
my recording for All Saints (21:30 Thu 25 Aug, Prime SC and Prime SC HD) has not - both the SD and HD episodes are showing as greyed queued series recordings.

Any time
First runs only

I believe that's because you have the series recording set for first runs only, but all of the episodes of All Saints currently scheduled in your region are repeats.

Russell

Hi, Russell. You're right, it is marked up in IceTV as a repeat. I didn't expect the All Saints episode to be a repeat, so I'm afraid I didn't check that. Sorry. But the IceTV synopsis doesn't sound like a repeat to me, and it's not marked as a repeat in yahoo7's guide either, though the other All Saints time slots, which are repeats are marked in yahoo7 as repeats. I know that this isn't the right forum for this info, so I'll post it in the EPG Content forum, too.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

srto2

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 19, 2009, 08:17:39 AM
Quote from: srto2 on August 18, 2009, 06:57:41 PM

Sorry about that.  If you've been seeing shows get scheduled on the web site and then unscheduled, it may have been because of the bug I mentioned in this post yesterday.  We're hoping it's fixed now, but we're also keeping an eye on it.  We re-ran the scheduler on everyone's recordings yesterday, so hopefully you should see things scheduled correctly today.

Thanks,
Russell

Thanks Russell.  I think  :-\

But "The Cook & the Chef" has morphed into grey doughnuts again.  Now don't get me wrong, it's not the end of the world if some of these shows don't record because they are set to record mainly to test the system.  But while I am away there are a couple of other programs that I really don't want to miss...

Because my 'net access is NextG I can either leave it at home talking to the Wiz or I can take it with me if I will be in a decent coverage area; I can't have both without spending a lot more money.  I'm hoping that you can resolve the situation, and I know you can "feel" my frustration, but after a few years of fault free Toppy timers the thought of ICE actually deleting things rather than verifying them really boggles my mind  >:( ...

EDIT:  This is crazy.  After posting the above and doing nothing else, the grey doughnuts have been replaced by red filled doughnuts.  I'm not going to check the Wiz, I'll just wait and see...

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: srto2 on August 19, 2009, 05:48:55 PM
"The Cook & the Chef" has morphed into grey doughnuts again.

EDIT:  This is crazy.  After posting the above and doing nothing else, the grey doughnuts have been replaced by red filled doughnuts.

Well, it appears that we've found another bug in the scheduling engine, and this time you were the lucky user to help us find it.  ;D

I checked your recordings, and you were right.  It had unscheduled something it shouldn't have.  It turns out this particular bug was related to the fact that you're in Adelaide, or more specifically, that you're not in the Sydney timezone.  It only happened in very specific cases, but this was one of those cases, so we were able to spot it.  I've fixed it and rescanned everyone's series recordings, so hopefully this was the last one.  We're watching it...

Thanks,
Russell

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 01, 2009, 11:25:59 PM
Quote from: mtb on July 31, 2009, 04:34:30 PM
I wonder if you could alter the code which shows the phrase "This show is part of a Keyword Record." to include the keywords/criteria which generated the recording so that this sort of thing can be more easily resolved?

I like the idea of including more info about which keyword it matched with.  We'll look into adding more info like that.

You should now be able to see which Keyword Recording or Keyword Favourite was used to schedule a show.  When you see the and icons, click the show to open it, and you'll see a line like this:

This show matched the Keyword Favourite: "the simpsons" -treehouse

And the keywords will be linked to the matching entry on your My Shows page.

For series recordings, you'll see something similar, with a link to the series recording entry on your My Shows page:

This show is part of a series recording.

Give it a try.

Thanks,
Russell