New Interactive

Started by Trial_Master, July 29, 2009, 08:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HelloGoodThanks

Quote from: ice123456789 on September 03, 2009, 03:03:38 PM

Thanks for pointing this out.  We found the problem and fixed it, so if you try it again now, it should schedule the show on the SD channel correctly.  An easy way to get the scheduling engine to scan the shows for a particular series again is to just go to the My Shows page, click a series to open it, and click Save Changes.  You should then see the changes it makes within about 30 seconds or so.

Russell

Thanks for this.
Am I correct in saying that it is no longer possible to select the exact channel for an Interactive recording, or am I missing something?

I would really like to see the "this channel only" option returned to the filtering options as multi-channelling is really hitting it's stride. ;)

ice123456789

crippstor

another +1 to that please

mtb

When setting a Series recording from the TV Guide, the time options are Any time or This time only, but when adjusting the recording, the drop-down shows Any time and all 5 minute time slots from midnight to midnight.

While I can understand the reasoning behind this I just wonder if it might be better to include a time range option as well, either as two drop-downs (from and to) or even a series of preset bands (e.g. midnight-6am, 6am-noon, noon-6pm, 6pm-midnight).

I only ask as my wife wants me to record the last showing of a particular show that appears multiple times per day - setting by the exact hour/minute seems prone to fail over time, if the show were to wander a little.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

jillmess

Quote from: mtb on September 07, 2009, 02:16:28 PM
or even a series of preset bands (e.g. midnight-6am, 6am-noon, noon-6pm, 6pm-midnight).
+1 for this.  I currently want to record Fringe, Eleventh Hour & Moonlight on Go! but have a problem as all are repeats, with a second showing each week on the following day.  The only option to get just one recording each week is to select the specific time - and then make sure I keep an eye out for any changes in the times.

Jill

zoszos68

In Vista Media Center I find that if I have already recorded a show it will not record the same episode again if it is repeated.
Not sure how long after it will not record. The message I get is will not record as already have a previous airing (well something similar).

Just remembered it do the same before recording as well i.e. if select "Big Bang" for Sunday it will not select Monday noon as it knows it's the same eps. Also if I manually select the show within Vista Media center it will let me know I have selected a previous instance of the show or already have a recoding.

On a personal note if I do get a double recording I just delete one. Have always wondered why others are not happy with that as it's not that often it happens. But I'm sure there's a reason I don't know (except disk space).
Kevin

prl

It might be useful for IceTV to add the "greyed out" series recording icon to the What do the red, orange and green icons mean? FAQ. Also, the Icons are now red, orange, green, (primarily) yellow and grey. :) Perhaps "coloured recording icons" might be a better phrasing now?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Still problems with Prefer high def in my recordings from the ACT guide (Beyonwiz DP-S1 PVR).

I have series recordings set for Border Security and The Force (Prime ACT 1930 & 2000 Sunday 20 Sep). They are set as:
Any network
Any time
First runs only
Prefer High Def
Record all

The last episodes were broadcast in HD and recorded correctly. This Sunday, they've been bumped from HD by the movie Cool Runnings.

IceTV Interactive decided that what I really wanted to do was record Cool Runnings (OK movie, but I've seen it a few times before), and not bother with Border Security or The Force.

Even after deleting the recording for Cool Runnings, IceTV still thinks that I don't want to record what I've asked it to record. I've left the recording set up as it was, apart from deleting Cool Runnings, in case anyone from IceTV can have a look at it. I'll set up a once-off recording from the PVR this evening.

Isn't the advertised attraction of IceTV that it will "[Save] you time and hassle so you'll never miss your favourite shows again"?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

Identical problem for me.   The Wiz shows pink for cool runnings, so it can't be the full timeslot, but ICE shows a red dot for it.   In fact, tonight seems to be a mess for everyshow, I have Rove for some reason with the red spot in ICE, but I don't record Rove?
Also the movie after is red dotted "the shape of things" and I don't recall setting a timer for that either.
ICE, it appears when you shuffle stuff around you bugger peoples series recordings, when you guys are the one who are meant to be tracking it (given you set the original timer, you had the original EPG, you modded the EPG because of changes).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on September 20, 2009, 02:47:15 PM
Identical problem for me.   The Wiz shows pink for cool runnings, ...
Seems we share a taste for trash docos :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Gary

Quote from: tonymy01 on September 20, 2009, 02:47:15 PM
Identical problem for me.   The Wiz shows pink for cool runnings, so it can't be the full timeslot, but ICE shows a red dot for it.   In fact, tonight seems to be a mess for everyshow, I have Rove for some reason with the red spot in ICE, but I don't record Rove?
Also the movie after is red dotted "the shape of things" and I don't recall setting a timer for that either.
ICE, it appears when you shuffle stuff around you bugger peoples series recordings, when you guys are the one who are meant to be tracking it (given you set the original timer, you had the original EPG, you modded the EPG because of changes).
Same problem here and I am guessing, Tony, that your Rove and Shape of Things timers are due to Nurse Jackie dropping off the schedule as it did the same for me.

Disappointing that IceTV didn't update both timers to reflect the changes as they obviously changed well ahead of the timer start times.

tonymy01

Aha, bingo, yep, checked out 1/2 of Nurse Jacky last week, wanted to have another look. 
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: prl on September 20, 2009, 11:48:14 AM
... I'll set up a once-off recording from the PVR this evening.
After I added the one-off recordings of Border Security and The Force, the two recording entries on IceTV changed from greyed-out series recordings to normal red series recordings. Perhaps the changes on the Beyonwiz prodded the scheduler hard enough for it to re-examine the schedule.

I'll have a look at how the recordings are set up when the rest of Sun 27's schedule is posted this afternoon.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

I don't know if it is the new beta fw we are testing Peter or this is normal behaviour but I didn't fix the timers up last night and the wiz recorded and named them with the original names. So as was mentioned, it was Nurse Jackie that was originally set. But I got to see a bit of Rove instead, in small doses and a 10 year special was ok.
Regards
Tony

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on September 21, 2009, 10:16:06 AM
I don't know if it is the new beta fw we are testing Peter or this is normal behaviour but I didn't fix the timers up last night and the wiz recorded and named them with the original names. So as was mentioned, it was Nurse Jackie that was originally set. But I got to see a bit of Rove instead, in small doses and a 10 year special was ok.

I don't recognise Gary as a Beyonwiz beta tester (certainly not under that handle, anyway), and he seems to have had a similar problem, so perhaps it's not connected to the current beta. It looks more like an IceTV server problem than a Beyonwiz problem. Could be wrong, though.

I didn't look at the timers on the Beyonwiz before I deleted the Cool Runnings entry on IceTV (tut, tut), because I didn't connect it with the other shows, so I don't know whether it would have worked anyway. IceTV was still showing the timers as being on Prime HD, so it seems unlikely that they were correct, but I guess I'll never know now.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use