Timings not accurate

Started by MoDementia, April 05, 2016, 07:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoDementia

BeyonWiz T4 here Melb.
Pre and post padding 10 mins
Getting really annoyed with missing program endings  >:( :( ??? :'(

Melbourne International Comedy Festival__2016 - 30th Comedy Festival_H264 not complete 2:19:54
The Wolf Of Wall Street_2013_H264 not complete 3:49:59 (35 Mins of 60 Mins)

A couple of examples
Beyonwiz T4 ->, My Rename Code ->, VideoRedo AutoProcessor ->, Synology 1815+ ->, Plex + MediaMonkey

prl

Postpadding of 10 minutes is inadequate. I use 25min.

Address your displeasure about the broadcasters' not keeping to their schedules to the broadcasters.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Paul55

Quote from: prl on April 05, 2016, 10:07:13 PM
Postpadding of 10 minutes is inadequate. I use 25min.

Address your displeasure about the broadcasters' not keeping to their schedules to the broadcasters.

Extra padding is such a simple fix. You are wasting the pre-padding - especially for shows during normal viewing times. Cut it back to 5min.
There is no advantage to the networks in starting early. They deliberately run late to try to stop you from changing channels.

IanL-S

On primary LCNs it is unusual for programs to start early (by reference to IceTV schedule). However, I have seen numerous instances on 9GEM and 7flix. Unfortunately many PVRs do not allow custom pre- and post padding.

On Topfield PVRs if you use SmartEPG this is possible; not sure how well that TAP works with IceTV EPG data. In the early days there were serious compatibility issues.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Tezza007

Channel 7 often starts shows early

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on April 06, 2016, 07:42:52 AM
... Unfortunately many PVRs do not allow custom pre- and post padding. ...
The OP has a Beyonwiz T4. It has programmable pre- and post-padding adjustable in 1-minute steps from 0 to 120 minutes.

The system default is 3 min pre-padding and 5 min post padding. When IceTV is used, the defaults are 2 min pre- and 20 min post-padding.

I don't think that either pre-padding default is enough, and the 20-minute IceTV post-padding default is still a bit short.

I use 5 min pre- and 25 min post-padding, and I rarely miss stuff. However, as I've said before, there is no reasonable setting for padding that will always be enough, even discounting "big breaking news" events. Sports shows often go over time, and so do "reality" programs. And that's not counting what appears to be a general policy (especially on commercial broadcasters) of not running programs to published schedules. The removal of between-show ads and promos on the commercial broadcasters does nothing to help the problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: MoDementia on April 05, 2016, 07:10:57 PM
BeyonWiz T4 here Melb.
Pre and post padding 10 mins
Getting really annoyed with missing program endings  >:( :( ??? :'(

Sorry people. We have realised that some of the scheduling changes in the Sydney guide haven't always been flowing through to other states when they should. We'll keep a closer eye on it now.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service