Main Menu

Recent posts

Getting Help / Re: IceBox failure after a sof...
Last post by IanL-S - May 02, 2024, 09:04:34 AM
Great news that you managed to solve the problem, even if you are not sure how you managed to do so!
IceTV EPG Content / Re: New shows
Last post by BazzaG - May 02, 2024, 08:29:37 AM
Getting back on-topic....

Taskmaster Australia is returning to 10 later this month.

Thursday, 23rd May at 7.30pm on 10.
Last post by TimC - May 01, 2024, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: MD on May 01, 2024, 06:52:50 PMYou need a keyboard and power up the IceBox into the BIOS. Then in Save and Exit you can scroll down to choose the USB to reboot then go step by step

Ahh, I was selecting the USB in the Boot tab. In any case I ended up doing a Soft Reset in the strange version of the IceBox software that came up and it ended up working.

To be honest I am not sure I could repeat the steps I did to get it working in the end, but it is working now, thanks.
IceTV EPG Content / Re: Kindig Customs
Last post by aeb001 - May 01, 2024, 11:26:18 PM
'Rumble in the Rockies' - S09E13 < S09E11
Last post by MD - May 01, 2024, 06:52:50 PM
You need a keyboard and power up the IceBox into the BIOS. Then in Save and Exit you can scroll down to choose the USB to reboot then go step by step
Last post by TimC - May 01, 2024, 06:46:38 PM
I'm not sure what SSH is
As for doing a USB install I'm a bit stumped. 
I used the USB I set up for cloning the SSDs, but when I attempt to boot from it, I get an IceBox menu rather than Ubuntu.
From what I can tell, the IceBox software seems to be running on the USB.

I can see the Ubuntu USB from my network as a folder in ICEBOX network location.
I thought that maybe there was a copy of the update on the USB, but I can't see it anywhere.

I assume that if I attempt a Reset (hard or Soft) it would just reset the version on the USB.

I'm confused.

IceTV EPG Content / Re: Pawn Stars
Last post by aeb001 - May 01, 2024, 03:59:14 PM
'Pawnfellas' - S22E07 < S2020E18
IceTV EPG Content / Re: New shows
Last post by BazzaG - May 01, 2024, 01:13:36 PM
Quote from: BazzaG on April 24, 2024, 05:12:30 PMThe "1st" episode is currently listed at 60 mins, minus 20mins for ads & promos. I guess we'll see next Tuesday night.

Well, Seven has added 4 episodes to 7Plus:
https://7plus.com.au/the-marlow-murder-club
45', 44', 44' & 45', so it appears that each of the 2 UKTV episodes have been split into 2.
Last post by Daniel Hall at IceTV - May 01, 2024, 09:23:38 AM
Hi Tim,

If you have SSH access there are options to perform either another soft reset or hard reset to ensure that it's clean, however if you have backed up all the recordings (including the '.backups' folder) then a USB re-install might be the way to go, using the same procedure as for a BYOB install.
Last post by IanL-S - May 01, 2024, 08:07:30 AM
Not had anything like that happen to me. The only thing I can think of it to to a USB installation of the latest firmware. As you have already copied the recordings off the IceBox it will not matter that the USB installation nukes the existing installation.

You should also copy the backup folder to external storage, as it is needed to recover the recordings. My understanding is that you copy them back (including the backup folder) when the setup wizard asks for your username.