Ice Issues

Started by glenncol, March 15, 2006, 09:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenncol

Hi All

First i would like ot say i love the idea of ICE TV and want to give it every chance under the sun prior to signing up full time.

I have downloaded the ICETV Trial and am having a few little issues

I have found a few gaps in the guide an example is right at this point in time i have checked the guide and there is no data for HD9 Melbourne for the next week and for love nor money i cant get any info

I am running a MCE machine and have edited the channels only showing the main SD and HD channels for melbourne but after each update the channels i have delimited appear again.

I have had it explained to me that HD channels if they are not show HD content will show no data available on the guide. If i may make a suggestion i would prefer to see the listing the same as the SD channel even if its not broard cast in HD. The reason for this i mainly on have the HD channels selectable except for channel 7 where i have the SH and HD channel listed due to the 7 Loop making it hard ot pre record anything while its on.

Shane

QuoteI have found a few gaps in the guide an example is right at this point in time i have checked the guide and there is no data for HD9 Melbourne for the next week and for love nor money i cant get any info

This could be due to the Commonwealth Games? ie there is nothing on? Another thing to check is download the Yahoo Widget (for Windows or Mac) or Dashboard Widget (for Mac) and grab the guide data. If it is missing the same info then there is a problem at Ice, if it is different then there is a problem (your end normally).

QuoteI am running a MCE machine and have edited the channels only showing the main SD and HD channels for melbourne but after each update the channels i have delimited appear again.

Check Windows Update, and when prompted choose "Custom" instead of "Express" and see if there are any further updates for Media Center. I had this issue with "Rollup 2", until I applied the "Rollup for Rollup 2".

QuoteI have had it explained to me that HD channels if they are not show HD content will show no data available on the guide. If i may make a suggestion i would prefer to see the listing the same as the SD channel even if its not broard cast in HD. The reason for this i mainly on have the HD channels selectable except for channel 7 where i have the SH and HD channel listed due to the 7 Loop making it hard ot pre record anything while its on.

I'm in agreement here in that I would like the "HD" logo removed from the SD channels, the full guide data from the SD channels applied to the HD channels and the "HD Logo" applied to the HD Shows on the HD channel only so we then know which shows are in HD.

There are two issues here:
1. If you do a Series Recording and have it's settings set to "Any Channel" then it will either; (a) get confused and not record at all, or (b) sometimes record from the SD channel and othertimes from the HD channel.

The only way around this is to set it to a fixed channel.

2. Keyword recordings, in that it will try and record anything with that keyword, no matter what channel, so again it will do the (a) and (b) thing from above.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

glenncol

Shane

Thank you for the reply

I will look at all suggested

Thank you again