EPG does not populate

Started by Ronni, March 05, 2016, 06:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronni

Hi, I am a newbie to Ice TV and Beyonwiz.  I have the Beyonwiz T2 and just signed up for the free trial for Ice Tv. I went through the Ice Tv wizard and set everything up and all looks good until I view the EPG. It does not populate, I see the Ice TV logo and the channels but everything else is blank. Also, I have set up recordings through my Andriod to record  programs but nothing has gone through to my Beyonwiz. Can anyone please tell me what I have missed?

prl

Have you looked in MENU>Plugins>IceTV>Show log? Does it have any Start update/End update messages?

If not, try MENU>Plugins>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now. Does the log show the update messages? Any errors?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Ronni

Hi Peter, I have tried this many times and the log tells me that the EPG has downloaded ok and theTimers have been updated ok. I do not get any error messages.  Cheers.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Ronni

Not sure where to find this but my channels come from Melbourne.   ??

prl

Quote from: Ronni on March 06, 2016, 10:49:10 AM
Not sure where to find this [IceTV region] but my channels come from Melbourne.   ??
The IceTV region is set in your IceTV Web pages, in My Account>Guide Settings. The region setting is top left under the text "Select your region from the following drop down menu and the correct LCNs from the table to the right and then save the new settings."

You'll probably want it to be "VIC - Melbourne". I think it defaults to NSW - Sydney.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Ronni

Hi, I have checked and my region is Vic-Melbourne in My Account. Cheers.

Ronni

I have received the following message from Ice TV in relation to the timers I have set.
Message from recorder:   No valid service mapping for channel_id 1681.
Any idea on how I can map my service?

prl

That error message means that there's an inconsistency between the channel id in the timer and the table of channels that IceTV has sent the PVR: the channel id in the timer doesn't have a matching entry in the table.

You'll probably need to talk to IceTV support.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Ronni

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Ronni on March 07, 2016, 10:39:09 PM
I have received the following message from Ice TV in relation to the timers I have set.
Message from recorder:   No valid service mapping for channel_id 1681.
Any idea on how I can map my service?

Hi Ronni,

Looking at your account I can see Melbourne channels and regional channels enabled. Plus both Prime Northern and Prime Southern enabled. I have fixed the channels in your account now.

1. You should first make sure that your T2 has the new channels.
2. Then run the IceTV setup wizard again from the IceTV plugin.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service