IceTV data missing

Started by GlenR, October 31, 2009, 10:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenR

I installed IceTV beta for Win7 and cannot get the -IceTV channel listings for some channels. ONE HD (on LCN1), GO!, ABC1 (on LCN2) and TEN Digital do not have any listings with the -IceTV suffix when I scroll through the lists in edit listings, so I am only getting EIT data for these channels.

7 Digital (on LCN 7) says it is assigned to 7 Digital - IceTV, but neither this or the default 7 Digital is listed in the cahnnel lists if I go into edit listings.

All other channels appear OK. I am using the Sydney guide.

dgaust

Glen,

Did you ever fix this? First thing I'd check is that you have all the relevant channels checked in your IceTV Account page.

badgez

I live South Coast NSW.  2.5hrs drive east of Canberra, 4hrs drive south of Sydney.  I could not lock in many channels until I tried Canberra and Wollongong. 

Do you live outside a metro area?

I have been successful in picking up Canberra-IceTV and Wollongong-IceTV channels perfectly.  The new HDOne (channel 10) works perfectly, as do all the free-to-air channels, Digital and HD (ABC, SBS, PRIME or 7, WIN or 9).

I find IceTV Interactive is extremely successful with W7 Media Center, recording and all. However has issues with WINXP.

(VERY!) basic system:
Pentium 4 3GHZ
1.536 GB RAM
2 X 80GB Samsung HDD
Dual boot:
Windows XP Pro SP2 on one HDD
Windows 7 Evaluation Copy Build 7100 on one HDD

DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T DualDigital 4/2
On WINDOWS XP - installed and works perfectly
On Windows 7 - Not recognized error codes, however Windows 7 Media Center works perfectly with:
IceTV interactive.  Recording and all.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: badgez on November 12, 2009, 12:31:23 PM

I find IceTV Interactive is extremely successful with W7 Media Center, recording and all. However has issues with WINXP.

At this stage the IceTV Interactive application available from this forum is only for Windows 7, however as its a complete re-write of the app for Windows we do have plans to have it replace the current XP and Vista versions as this one is much much better.  :D
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

zoszos68

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 12, 2009, 01:46:07 PM

At this stage the IceTV Interactive application available from this forum is only for Windows 7, however as its a complete re-write of the app for Windows we do have plans to have it replace the current XP and Vista versions as this one is much much better.  :D

That would explain why dll's with Vista and XP are in the Icetv folder. I had thought for a bit today that oh it's for all os's but was sure I read Windows 7 only.

Now I know it's for Windows 7 only for now. But why the dll's named that way?
Kevin

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: zoszos68 on November 12, 2009, 05:16:37 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 12, 2009, 01:46:07 PM

That would explain why dll's with Vista and XP are in the Icetv folder. I had thought for a bit today that oh it's for all os's but was sure I read Windows 7 only.

Now I know it's for Windows 7 only for now. But why the dll's named that way?
Kevin

They are mostly placeholders for now, but they will be used to hold anything particular to each platform (as there are tweaks needed for each version of Windows to get scheduling working)
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonyeliza01

Hi all,

I have a related problem with some channels losing their -Icetv suffix. Yesterday I signed up with IceTV and intalled interactive. I am pretty sure that all channels were linked to equivalent -IceTV guide listings. I just checked now and channel 7TWO has lost it's -IceTV suffix. I checked on Interactive Website and Destroyed in 60 Seconds (I set this up to record as a series on Interactive Website yesterday) now as an error in recording. In addition, in media centre there is no series for Destroyed in 60 Seconds. I thought there was one when I checked yesterday. What's going on?

Is anyone else experiencing random -IceTV guide listings being lost on some channels? Is there a fix for this issue?