Design flaw in programming series like Doctor Who

Started by hcwang61, August 17, 2008, 11:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcwang61

I've been recording the new Doctor Who series using IceTV's series recording facilities. Unfortunately, when I do so, IceTV automatically also wants to record Doctor Who Confidential, which runs immediately after each Doctor Who episode. Of course it treats this as a separate program so if the Doctor Who episode runs slightly late, the recording is cut off and then starts again as Doctor Who Confidential. Up to now I've cut this off at the pass by manually deleting the scheduled recording of Doctor Who Confidential. However, if I do this too early, the program reschedules it automatically when it rechecks the programming and this week I didn't notice this. So this week my recording of Doctor Who was ruined as the last minutes were cut off and included at the beginning of the Doctor Who Confidential recording.

So there are two problems here. One is that Doctor Who Confidential should not be included in my recording schedule for Doctor Who at all, seeing as I've never asked it to. And the other is that if I manually delete a scheduled recording, it should stay deleted. The software should recognise that I've manually deleted it and therefore not add it back in again later on.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this highly irritating problem, but I hope someone at IceTV is reading this and provides a remedy.

That said, I do like the IceTV service and apart from this annoying problem with Doctor Who, have found it very useful. Well done.

Cheers

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. From today that will be changed and 'Doctor Who Confidential' added as a seperate series. We're always loathe to tamper with what the ABC & SBS supply us, however, we should get away with this as what you've said makes complete sense. Good luck. Cheers.

hcwang61

Hey thanks! That was quick work and much appreciated!

Cheers

bruiser333