Main Menu

Remote Control

Started by johnmw1, March 29, 2024, 03:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnmw1

An update!

I now have my replacement RCU with kind thanks to MD. I can now say that the RCU is behaving as it should be and to my relief, the Icebox is now reacting like an entirely different appliance.

The second issue I was having was despite me not turning the Icebox off, my TV would not do its handshake via HDMI, so I would have to reboot the Icebox each time I turned the tele back on. I bought a new HDMI cable and had partial success, but had a lot of sparklies across the screen. I then swapped HDMI connections on the back of the TV, and like magic, again everything is now as it should be and I can turn the tele off and on as I please.

I have had a third issue since then when some of my timers disappeared from the recording listing. On doing a look around I found a lot of blank spaces in the programme guide. I cleared the cache but it still did not help refill the missing channel programmes, in particular channel 9 HD, and SBS HD, to name a couple.

I could not find how to repopulate the guide, so last night I did a soft reset, and everything came back up and also restored my lost timers.

Was there an easier way to do this rather than a soft reset?

Cheers,
John

MD

An imminent software update should fix that bug (and some others).

srto2

Quote from: MD on April 12, 2024, 11:54:17 AMAn imminent software update should fix that bug (and some others).
Would it be possible to give us a list of bugs that have been fixed (ie 11.3 to 11.6), bugs about to be fixed (ie 11.6-11.x), and known bugs in the future pipeline?

MD

We will email all customers once the update is available by a simple IceBox reboot and list the bug fixes and improvements at that time.