IceTV not connected to IceBox

Started by GreyNomad, March 25, 2024, 08:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyNomad

Good Morning,

Over the weekend the IceBox update was installed, however I'm not sure it was satisfactoriy completed. Since the update, IceTV is not conneced to the IceBox so no channel guide and no Timers.

Is there some way to automatically reinstall the update?

I did take a backup of Kodi and the Icebox using the Backup funtion in one of the menu options on the IceBox. The backup was taken a day or so before the update. I assume I can use the Recover option to get the box restored, if necessary. It would be nice if the update could be redone or I can run a manual update if I receive the kit (and instructions).

Thanks.

Regards — Russell

MD

Hi Russell,

I'd suggest doing a soft reset which should sort it out. That will allow you to check its internet connections in the setup.  Hopefully with the new software it will be the last time.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Russell,

I can confirm that the new 1.11.6 firmware is installed on your IceBox.

One thing you can try is to reboot the IceBox as it does request a full guide update on startup.

If that does work then a soft reset is the next thing to try.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

GreyNomad

Thanks Daniel and and I have just completed the soft reset. All looks good.

Our favourite screensaver Nightsky does not appear to be available with this update. Can this be added as an option please?

Regards — Russell

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Russell,

After the soft reset you would need to reinstall that plugin as it would have been lost as part of the reset. As long as it's still compatible (which it should be) it should still be installable.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.