Beyonwiz - stuck in BOOTING mode.

Started by JenRich, September 09, 2015, 08:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenRich

Hi

After the upgrade last night my beyonwiz is showing "BOOTING" all the time. Does not start. I have switched off, unplugged, tried everything I know but no change. Any suggestions?

REgards

Dave at IceTV

Try loading the same, or any recent, software upgrade via USB
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/61952214-How-do-I-update-the-Firmware-on-my-Beyonwiz-T-series-via-USB

Reloading or upgrading the software via USB also resets the Beyonwiz so you will be presented with the setup wizard when it first turns on.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

If it was an online update, did you "... first make sure that you are running the previous official public release (beyonwiz-4.4-beyonwizt -20150417) or later", as it says in the "Important Information" in the release notes for 20150831?

Did you do a USB upgrade and the Beyonwiz is a T3?

If so, did you first upgrade the bootloader to the 12 Mar 2015 version, as it says in the "Important message for T3 owners" in the release notes?

If you have a T3, you must have the 12 Mar 2015 bootloader to do a USB upgrade to 20150831 or any subsequent release (and also for some earlier beta releases).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

JenRich

Hi - answers to both above
The upgrade was an online upgrade - not a USB upgrade. I had previously upgraded to the latest boot loader and have successfully completed an online upgrade prior to this. Generally a message comes on the screen saying an upgrade is available and I follow that path. The last time, after the upgrade was completed it entered the interminable "BOOTING" mode

I have now followed the USB upgrade -  twice - and no different outcome. System message comes up on the front panel "Beyonwiz T3 2015-03-12" then "Booting..." and there it sits.  Each time I downloaded the file from scratch and loaded it onto a USB stick - so I had a completely clean install.

Have a unusable Beyonwiz T3 at the minute - yeah!!

Any further suggestions gratefully accepted.

Dave at IceTV

Hi JenRich,

What you describe sounds like it is not seeing the software on the USB stick. Make sure you have no other USB devices plugged in. Make sure that you unzipped the downloaded file onto the USB stick. And turn the T3 off at the rear switch for a minute (until the front display goes out and the hard drive stops spinning).

On the USB stick, you should have a 'beyonwiz' folder with a 'hdx' folder inside. If the folder is hde2 or hdp then you have the software for the wrong model. In the 'hdx' folder would be 5 or more files.

In that hdx folder there should be a file named noforce  If you create a copy of that file in the same location and name if force the T3 will update the software without you needing to press UP or OK.

I would suggest doing the bootloader update and then installing the previous software (both via USB).
http://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9025&sid=97ced24ba9f19cd9c7464b1a3347253e

After that it should be able to successfully install the latest version itself.

If still no good, contact Beyonwiz support (Digital Trading Co.)
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing