Failed Timer - no matching service - Seven-QLD

Started by Mac37, December 06, 2015, 07:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac37

I am on the Sunshine Coast - Regional QLD.  Newly purchased T2.
Trying to schedule a program on Seven-QLD which is the Sunshine Coast's version of Channel 7 and is on LCN 6.
My other 2 PVRs - Topfield and Humax both schedule OK. But with the Beyonwiz T2, I get a nice little email telling me the timer has failed with "No matching service". with the entry in the email repeated NINETEEN times !!
I have gathered that there is a separate server for the beyonwiz series. All other channels schedule OK.
So my request is - could the Seven-Qld channel be named the same as on the server for the other PVRs.

We also receive Brisbane Channels here, so I can work around this by setting Seven Bris to LCN 6 - or even recording on Seven Bris (Channel 7), BUT.......

Thanks,

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Dave at IceTV

Hi Mac,

The IceTV sunshine coast region has multiple choices of 'seven' because theoretically there are 5 different transmitters where people could get a signal from (depending on where in the sunshine coast they are etc). These transmitters vary from Brisbane to Sunshine Coast to Regional QLD. Almost nobody would get a signal from all 3 regions. You need to enable the ones you do get and disable the ones you don't. And set the ones you do get to their correct channel numbers.

The T series Beyonwiz PVRs use network, stream and service id numbers (ONID, TSID and SID known as DVB triplets) to match channels and they ignore the channel numbers (LCNs). In fact you can reorder the channels on your T2 and it will actually change the logical channel numbers. So changing channel numbers on the various 'sevens' in your account won't solve the problem with a T2 (or T3 or T4).

You need to enable the correct seven and disable the other two sevens. And to ensure your other PVRs still work correctly you must then set the correct channel number to the seven that you enabled.

Looking at your account it looks like you get signals from Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.

- Southern Cross should be disabled on the right hand column. Unticking the left column is not enough.
- Seven Brisbane should be on 7, 70 or 71.
- Seven QLD should be on 6, 60 or 61 (Sunshine Coast only - rest of QLD it's 7, 70 or 71).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Mac37

Hi Dave,
Thank you for the info. Yes, we receive Brisbane and Sunshine coast channels.
The reason it all looks messy at the moment, is because of my experimenting.
Until I got the T2, the situation with the sevens was
Seven Brisbane = 7
Seven QLD = 6
I have never (normally) had southern cross set at all. (just recently playing about).

Scheduling programs for Seven-Brisbane has always set them to record on channel 7 and still does, even for the T2.
Scheduling programs for Seven-QLD has always set them to record on channel 6 and still does BUT not for the T2.
I get the email with the nineteen(!) failed timer notifications, which specifies "no matching service".

BUT - if I set the LCN for Seven-Brisbane to "6" in my account settings, and then schedule a program to Seven-Brisbane, it records on channel "6", even on the T2. Which is why I have Seven-Brisbane set as "6" in the settings as of now.

Because until recently ( when I put up a new aerial) the Brisbane channels were a bit weak, it was necessary to record on 6 and not 7.
Not too important now.

As an aside it is also mildly awkward to make sure I get the correct seven series (mainly 7mate etc), because in the "advanced" setting for scheduling, there is only a choice of "seven" for network. With 9 & 10 I can specify WIN and Southern cross 10, or Nine & Ten). It is nice now that we have GEM on 9 specified as 9GEM which distinguishes it from just GEM which is WIN GEM.

Thanks

Mac

Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

prl

I've been looking at the Beyonwiz side of this with mac37, and I think it may be possible that the Seven - QLD LCN triples for QLD - Sunshine Coast may be incorrect in the server.

This is what the Beyonwiz scans as ONID/TSID/SID for LCNs 6/60/61:
6: 1013/950/960
60:1013/950/964
61:1013/950/961
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Mac37

My thanks go to "prl" for enlightening me on this system of channel assignments on the "T" series.

While we are at it we might as well check on the "7TWO-QLD" and the "7mate"(the Sunshine Coast one) (The Brisbane one is confusingly named the same in the Guide, although not in "my account")
These 2 also generate "failed timer notifications" with "no matching service".

62:1013/0950/0962
63:1013/0950/0963

Thanks for your attention to this problem

Mac

Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

Mac37

Any further progress on checking the triplets for the sunshine coast seven series of channels?  pretty please !!

Thank you

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2